Dinner with Former Boss and Current Mentor in Downtown DC - Upscale but Not Outrageous

eatruneat

Grabbing dinner with a former boss and current mentor the first week of July to catch up. Needs to be somewhere in DC where he can find parking relatively early. While I would love to go to Mirabelle, that is probably a bit too pricey to ask of my mentor who will likely be paying. Thinking Oval Room, Central, or Fiola. Any other suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated.

I think Fiola is more expensive than Mirabelle. $95 for 2 courses/dessert on Fiola's current menu with no drinks. With 2 drinks each, tax, tip, approaching $300. Mirabelle very comfortably under that amount - apps are abou $17, entrees about $42, desserts are $13, so same sort of deal (2 courses + desserts) is over $20 less a person. Go there, it's really nice!

You are more informed than I when it comes to restaurants and parking, but Convivial or LeDip work well. Certainly a lot of parking around Sfoglina as well, maybe on the periphery.  Apparently I am getting old fashioned because I am picking out well lit professional settings. I like DGS for these situations too. 

On 6/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, eatruneat said:

Grabbing dinner with a former boss and current mentor the first week of July to catch up. Needs to be somewhere in DC where he can find parking relatively early. While I would love to go to Mirabelle, that is probably a bit too pricey to ask of my mentor who will likely be paying. Thinking Oval Room, Central, or Fiola. Any other suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated.

How did your dinner go?

Ended up going to Ray's the Steaks near his office. Turned out to be a good idea since it ended up being a stormy night. (Former) boss was really impressed and kept saying how good the steak was. He mentioned he will do other business type dinners there. Will write something soon, but overall a great meal. 

• Like 1