Millie's - California Baja Cooking and Nantucket Chill on Madaket Road in Spring Valley, Operated by the Georgetown Events Restaurant Group

This place has a nice large patio (indoor seating as well) and is an interesting addition to the strip mall on Massachusetts in Spring Valley.  It doesn't take reservations, and the wait was about half an hour on a nice Sunday evening.  Parking can be tough along that strip although I bet there is plenty in nearby lots or side streets.

The food is a bit of a mish-mash of New England and California themes.  I had the Eel Point tacos, which were good - rare tuna with a creamy slaw thing in flour tortillas (I usually like corn tortillas for tacos but they aren't trying to be authentic Mexican so I'll let it go).  My companions had the Smith Point tacos (we decided the Eel Point were better) and the 40th Pole quesadillas.  Dessert is served out of a standalone ice cream stand on the patio - lots of fun for kids.  Everything was good, although the atmosphere is the real calling card.  If the weather is nice I anticipate it being a popular neighborhood destination.

FWIW, Sietsema says his review of Millie's will appear next week.  He mentioned it in this Sunday Magazine column of questions and it appears he had issues with sitting at a high stool at a high counter and very large menus.  He may well love the place other than those issues. I guess we'll see in a few days.