I swore for a moment I was looking at something from "The Onion," but I wasn't:

"Couple One Visit Away from Visiting Every Cracker Barrel in America" by Katie Kindelan on abcnews.go.com

Some peoples' impression may be to laugh and dismiss, but I've done similar "themed" vacations where the theme itself is a MacGuffin, just to enjoy the travel itself. This couple looks like they're truly happy and in love, and as for Cracker Barrel not being healthy or good food, well, look at their age.

Of course, the Yoders are only in their early 40s. :)

My one visit to Cracker Barrel was terrible enough.  Everything there is cooked to death, greasy, and oversalted.  Might as well swallow a bundle of dynamite, a can of Crisco, a can of Morton's, and be done with it.

On 7/27/2017 at 7:05 AM, DonRocks said:

Some peoples' impression may be to laugh and dismiss, but I've done similar "themed" vacations where the theme itself is a MacGuffin, just to enjoy the travel itself. This couple looks like they're truly happy and in love, and as for Cracker Barrel not being healthy or good food, well, look at their age.

Of course, the Yoders are only in their early 40s. :)

My usual reaction would be to dismiss stories like this, but ultimately isn't stuff like this what retirement is about? Picking up something to do that's a shared interest, hopefully with someone you love? I'm not about to hit the road anytime soon, but good for the Yoder's.