MMM (M&M)

I started (in November) by following the Diet Center program, and am now just not eating much - yogurt & fruit for breakfast, usually Slimfast for lunch, fruit & almonds & carrots for snack, then a light dinner (lean protein & lots of veggies, maybe a little carb). At the beginning I cut out all alcohol and now allow myself some wine when we have company or go out. That's been hard, but I have saved a lot of money (as well as calories)! :lol:

Backslide I did. Gained 3 lbs. Too much entertaining = too much wine and there goes some self-control, etc., etc. Oh well. Now, I'm leaving today for 2 weeks in Portugal to visit my daughter (with new baby and 2 darling little girls). At least they live in a 3rd floor walkup, so there'll be lots of built in exercise. Just have to be careful of the great bread and fabulous cheeses, not to mention the pastries. Thank goodness for grilled fish!

Just got back from Portugal ready to get back to being serious about this diet business. Surprisingly, I find I lost 1 or 2 lbs. while away (despite the wine and cheese and bread!). Am now 7 lbs. down, 10 lbs. to go. February was just a difficult month!

Just got back from Portugal ready to get back to being serious about this diet business. Surprisingly, I find I lost 1 or 2 lbs. while away (despite the wine and cheese and bread!).

I always think I'm going to gain weight on vacation, but have results like this more often than not -- maybe indulging in the bread and cheese fills you up so you're eating less overall? Did you do a lot of walking? Did that third-floor walkup really help?

In any case, congratulations, and best of luck rededicating yourself to the diet!

I feel like I've been "vacationing" from this diet - swinging back and forth between eating and drinking more than I should, and then toeing the line for a few days. Am now trying out drinking wine only on weekends or when we have guests and sticking to very moderate eating. Also getting myself off to the gym 3 days a week and walking more. Nice weather sure helps!

That said, I finally got back on the scale this morning and found I'd lost a bit :blink: which is SO encouraging. 9 lbs. lost, 8 to go.