Indique (2002-2023) - Chef KN Vinod and Co-Owner Surfy Rahman’s Trailblazing Modern Indian on Connecticut Avenue in Cleveland Park - Closed

Closed per their website.

I've eaten a lot of Indique over the years and they were one of our favorite to-go orders during the pandemic.  The menu never really changed, but their food was always delicious.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 1/3/2024 at 8:52 AM, Tweaked said:

I've eaten a lot of Indique over the years and they were one of our favorite to-go orders during the pandemic.

Same. I got carryout from Indique probably a half-dozen times during the pandemic.

What a great run for this restaurant - it sounds like KN and Surfy left it in good hands with Deepu Mohan [Dakshin will have its own thread].

Still the best Chicken Chettinad I’ve ever had. I’m a big fan of Karma’s, but Chef Vinod owned this dish.

IMG_1508.png

IMG_1509.pngIMG_1510.png

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 9:54 AM, Tweaked said:

According to the Cleveland Park listserve, a new owner is rebranding Indique as Dakshin and retaining much of the staff and menu...so call it TBD.

Yeah, it is not closed - really only change in ownership and name. This weekend, I got carry-out from them through the Indique site which is still in use while the new website is being setup. They have signs on the windows that it is currently open 5-9pm. The food was as good as ever - I had their mango lassi, onion kulcha bread, chicken biryani, and bindhi/okra masala. I especially enjoyed the okra. We'll see if the menu changes over time but for now it is the same.

• Like 1