txaggie

Breakfast

794 posts in this topic

We picked blueberries at Butler's Orchard on Sunday afternoon and made blueberry buckle (Cook's Illustrated recipe) for breakfast on Monday. DELICIOUS!!!

buckle9lg.jpg

My breakfast yesterday was a black raspberry gallette (Baking with Julia recipe) and today was left over blackberry cobbler. Sorry, no pics.

Shredded wheat, skim milk, and raspberries from our backyard.

And not nearly enough black coffee. :P

non-fat key lime Trader Joe's yogurt.

Kenya AA coffee from Trader Joe's

Peanut had bananas this am

A Coke and small bag of Peanut M&M's, the machine was out of Funyuns.

Edited by Sthitch

A Granny Smith apple and a big sipper cup of water. The same as just about every workday morning for four years.

I have to do something to maintain this girlish figure.

OK, today I broke my habit.

Breakfast today was the traditional big glass of water and the first ripe, juicy, flavorful tomato of the year from my own personal tomato plant.

Hello, summer.

A glass of water.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to make it without throwing up?

Surely is not natural for the sun to be so bright so early in the morning.

An iced latte and a coconut donut from the spread the campus catering people puts out on Wednesday in the staff lounge.

2 Diet Cokes and 1/2 ice cold baby watermelon after 45 min walk in the soup that was this morning.

Just now having breakfast after getting lunches made, the kids dressed and off to day camp, running to the pediatrician to drop off school health forms, home depot for paint, and the grocery store. :P

Turkey on rye, and a diet Coke (with Splenda) because I am feeling insufficiently caffeinated.

DanActive--same thing I have evey morning...original flavor's the best. Kinda reminds me of a Lassi :P

(boring, I know--but sometimes I'll have two if my blood sugar is real low!)

Options limited this morning as we had no power. (No effing coffee!)

Thank jebus for gas stoves and a can of chicken noodle soup in the pantry.

Options limited this morning as we had no power. (No effing coffee!)

Thank jebus for gas stoves...

No french press? Or were you stuck with whole beans?

No french press?  Or were you stuck with whole beans?

Whole beans. I grind fresh every morning.

Didn't exactly have the patience to pull out mortar and pestle.

g'morning! Since I am new here, I thought I would start with breakfast....same as per usual....coffee, Peanut butter & jelly sandwich (mom's homemade jelly), fresh fruit...and more coffee.

g'morning! Since I am new here, I thought I would start with breakfast....same as per usual....coffee, Peanut butter & jelly sandwich (mom's homemade jelly), fresh fruit...and more coffee.

Excellent.

And welcome.

Eggs Benedict.

Two Bloody Marys. I was talked into these - I don't usually drink at breakfast. :P

Edited by Heather

Yeah, it took a lot of convincing :P

Corned beef hash with poached eggs and rye toast

One damn fine bloody mary

Returning to civilization after eating tons of trail dust in the Desolation Wilderness-

post-46-1122007899_thumb.jpg

time for a hot breakfast that doesn't taste freeze-dried. Only one place will do: Red Hut Waffle Shop in South Lake Tahoe.

post-46-1122007254_thumb.jpg

We had the specials: fresh strawberry pancakes and a four-egg omelet with scallion, tomatoes, avocado, jack cheese and sour cream, side of hash browns with a good amount of tabasco, and ice. cold. milk.

post-46-1122007213_thumb.jpg

Edited by crackers

Corned beef hash, two organic eggs over easy, sourdough toast with blackberry jam, a pot of Ceylon vanilla bourbon tea and a glass of apricot juice, post-46-1122088600_thumb.jpgat the Pine Cone Diner in Pt. Reyes Station. post-46-1122088688_thumb.jpg Jet fuel. A run on the beach at Drake's Bay assuaged the guilt. A little. :Ppost-46-1122088715_thumb.jpg

Blueberry buckwheat pancakes cooked over an open fire somewhere out in the wild of Pennsylvania - served up with hot italian sausages and espresso from a little propane contraption or French pressed coffee.

Camping has never been so good!

Blueberry buckwheat pancakes cooked over an open fire somewhere out in the wild of Pennsylvania - served up with hot italian sausages and espresso from a little propane contraption or French pressed coffee. 

Camping has never been so good!

That actually sounds like one of those "Fun-Time Any-Time Meals."

Leftovers of my summertime favorite :P

Roma tomatoes sauteed in lots of garlic, evoo, a big handful of basil, lots of grana with a sprinkle of Maldona sea salt over skinny lasagna noodles.

Toasted everything bagel (from Bagel City), cream cheese, smoked wild salmon, slices of tomato and vidalia. Very bad coffee.

Our coffeemaker poured water all over our counter and shorted out this morning. :P Might be time for a new one.

Same think I eat [almost] every morning, Pinky: Large caffeinated beverage and a bread/cake-like product.

I actually "cooked" this morning - big bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar to start the week off right.

Some gingerbread like biscuits called biscoffs that they gave out on an early morning Airtran flight.

Edited by alan7147

Incredibly delicious fat, meaty and moist authentic chicken tamales, brought in to work by one of our Mexican prep cooks. I have now "ordered" 15 more from her for this weekend!

Sourdough toast with some fresh butter and casis jelly that my son brought back for me from Paris. (the jelly, not the butter or sourdough)

...three cups of joe, a multivitamin, and a fistful of Metrobus fare.

Edited by bubbaque

Breakfast Burrito! Two scrambled eggs, chopped heirloom tomato, cilantro, grated cheddar jack and a touch of salsa. All wrapped up and ready to eat. Soooooo yummy on a Sunday morning!

Einstein Bros. everything bagel and full-fat cream cheese with a medium roast coffee. Is it so much to ask for one stinking NY-style bagelry in this town???? I miss my weekend jaunts to H&H. :P

A piece of white lotus paste with duck egg yolk moon cake, "wife" cake (a flaky pastry filled with waxgourd paste) and a white peach from the Dupont Circle FM. With a big o' cup of cafe au lait!

I just finished a marbled rye bagel with schmear from Parssippany , NJ (got a dozen yesterday). Now THAT"S a real bagel. The rest are in the freezer for future enjoyment.

Whole grain bread spread with veganaise and grainy mustard and thick slabs of our last homegrown tomatoes. :lol:

Edited by deangold

Steel cut oatmeal, honey, brown sugar, dried blueberries

Orange Juice

Coffee

Lipitor

Corn dogs from Tallula and a pint of Shiner Bock...dessert was the Texas Longhorns spanking ou 45-12 (and a few more Shiners)!

I LOVE football season!!!!!

French toast made with cinnamon swirl bread.  Unbelievable.

That sounds delish!

I had smoked Pacific salmon salad on a "bagel" with sliced tomatoes, and a "moosed" latte from Caribou Coffee.

Nice big slice of spaghetti squash frittata (made 2 and froze individual slices). After eating said frittata for more than a week, it's starting to get old. But still good.

Multi grain bread with some double glouchester and compte. Peet's coffe French Roast. Going back for seconds on that. Well thirds actually.

Emmi brand grapefruit yogurt (endorsed by Susan Lucci! :lol: ), and Familia muesli.

I have only been able to find Emmi at Balducci's. If anyone knows a less expensive place to buy it I would be much obliged. All of the flavors are good, but the grapefruit is excellent.

Edited by Heather

A leftover baked maple egg custard and a whole wheat/wheat bran/wheat germ/oatmeal/dried fruit muffin - the muffin, a Jan/Feb Cooking Light recipe, is must tastier than it sounds. I baked about 3 batches at once and have kept them in the freezer at no detriment to their flavor/texture.

Leftover spinach-mushroom quiche (crustless--more the consistency of a frittata) and a whole wheat everything bagel with light cream cheese

Dolsot Bi Bim Bap and bori cha at Super H after spending 2.5 hours exploring with some fine people ...

Breakfast on Sunday morning was popovers. They didn't pop as much as I would have liked, but they were tasty. In the picture, the popovers look like corn muffins. :lol:

pop2dr3wb.jpg

Whole wheat bread with raw milk Blu di Moncenisio. Now as soon as my stomach settles down, an hour on the treadmill and rowing machine to work it off! :lol:

Old-fashioned oatmeal with brown sugar, sliced banana and a handful of raisins

Two slices of bacon

A Stoneyfield Farms strawberry smoothie (light), some Gouda cheese, and French roast coffee (black) from the Flavia machine in my office. (trying to reform myself into a breakfast eater)

On my day "off":

Wegmans brand uncured bacon, wheat "French" bread from Safeway toasted in the pan after the bacon, with holes cut out in the middle. Each hole filled with an egg: one Ameraucasa and one Rhode Island Red. And black coffee.

Just a traditional brakfast....

Peanut butter adn homemade jelly (tha latter from my sister in law in Indiana) on whole wheat... and a huge bowl of Pickled Raddish Kimchee (Katchugee I think??). Water and coffee, and then an hour on the treadmill. My sweat smells a little of garlic!

Breakfast pizza (of sorts).

Let's just say that leftover Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza from Rustico, topped with some scrambled eggs with a little bit of cheddar mixed in...well, it was delicious!

One of my favorites: cheese grits (stone ground yellow from a tiny mill in Georgia I know about) with two eggs poached right in the nearly completed grits.

Two grilled Nathan's hot dogs with mustard and a glass of milk.

(which likely means granola and yogurt for dinner)

Two slices of bacon on organic salad greens with vinaigrette

Scrambled eggs with red onions sauteed in sambal and the rendered bacon fat.

Tortilla chips

Orange juice

2 eggs over medium, with grilled tomato and "Country Style Breakfast Chicken Sausage, with a Hint of Sage and Thyme". Look for this sausage at Costco. It's made by Al Fresco--you won't be sorry.

We split: bagels from the 5th Avenue (Brooklyn) Bageltique: one "everything" spread with Amish butter, one sesame spread with Greek yogurt. Seedless watermelon chunks. Kosher Coke.

I've started checking my BP in the morning just for grins. 110 over 65. Obviously there's room for more artery spackle...I mean bacon :)

Blueberry Buckle, with some blueberries we picked over the weekend. This may be the greatest recipe that Cook's Illustrated ever came up with (see the picture in the first post in this thread from one year ago).

fresh pressed coffee, croissant, grapefruit juice, yogurt, and a perfect peach.

In St-Remy-de-Provence. :unsure:

Can of V8 juice and two hard boiled eggs with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. I've never been a "breakfast person," but I've managed to work this in almost every day and feel healthier for it!

At 5:20 - A Quaker Oats breakfast bar before the gym.

At 6:30 - A Trader Joe's Strawberry yougurt after the gym.

PS- Heather and Waitman -- yinz are cruisin' for a bruisin' if you keep gloating like that!!! :unsure:

PS- Heather and Waitman -- yinz are cruisin' for a bruisin' if you keep gloating like that!!! :unsure:
Did I mention that it was on a stone terrace under the shade of a huge tree? ;)

Ugh, my +1 has put us both on a diet... Non-fat organic yogurt with berries and toasted almonds... all proportionally weighed out so that I'm ravenously hungry ten minutes later