756 replies to this topic

#751 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

I don't often eat pastries and don't like sweet things early in the day but nonetheless just polished off almost half of a chocolate croissant-type confection.  P&C Market sells pastries from Bonaparte Breads on Sunday mornings.  They're usually sold out by 9:30 (or before I typically get there).  I was out early today and arrived right after they opened.  There was quite a spread to choose from.  The pastry I bought is called a schneike. Looking online, I see that it also contains pastry cream, which makes sense.  There was something else in this that I couldn't identify and now I see that's what it is.  

The remainder has been stored away for my husband to eat later.

Also a cup of their coffee to round things out.  They sell Vigilante in packages at P&C, but the to-go coffee is their own blend, which I think comes from someone else.  I forget :unsure:.

#752 porcupine

porcupine

ill-tempered sea bass

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

fried polenta, maple syrup, ricotta cheese, fresh blueberries.  I love corn and blueberries together.

Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food

http://elizaberryblog.wordpress.com/

#753 zoramargolis

zoramargolis

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

J. went out to Homestead Farm on Saturday with a friend and picked blueberries. He was inspired to make a blueberry pie--including the crust !!! The pie was eaten for breakfast and dessert on successive days until it was gone. I made blueberry preserves and today for breakfast had the last of the little bit that didn't fill out a whole half-pint jar on toast with goat cheese.

#754 DaveO

DaveO

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

fried polenta, maple syrup, ricotta cheese, fresh blueberries.  I love corn and blueberries together.

Corn and blueberry.  tx.  gotta give that a try.

#755 porcupine

porcupine

ill-tempered sea bass

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Try making cornmeal pancakes and studding them with blueberries.  Also I have a recipe for a lemon-blueberry bar cookie with a cornmeal crust; let me know if you're interested and I'll find it for you.

• zoramargolis likes this

Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food

http://elizaberryblog.wordpress.com/

#756 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Cheese omelet with a side of black beans seasoned with a splash of serrano ginger hot sauce

#757 zoramargolis

zoramargolis

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

birthday breakfast for J.

black raspberry pancakes

Vermont maple syrup

eco-friendly bacon

Peet's cappuccini

• KMango likes this