Let Rust Tum Mom Ulan

Scott Johnston

Don is out of town this week and has asked me to step in this week:

Every time I eat at McDonalds, I swear it will be the last, but I cannot help myself ordering the new Chicken chipotle select wrap, most people are familiar with the Big Mac, so try this version out, order a double cheeseburger from the dollar menu; ask them to "dress it like a big Mac", frankly, you get a fresh made sandwich with less bread then the original with a price that is hard to beat. Burger King, despite its weird advertising with a plastic King that strangely resembles Al Dente, has a hit my taste buds with its new Crown Shaped Chicken Tenders, complete with 5 new sauces, these delectable delights really complement letting me "have it your way", why on earth would you go to Yechon at 2 AM when you could be posting about gobbly gook at 4:30, or reading pre-deleted DR posts at 6 am, I finally stripped myself of my bulgogi habit and went straight for the Ben and Jerry's pints at Exxon ($4.95), a tasty, comforting dish of ice cream better than most of the places in DC, I'm not going to sit here and say that Costco is the best place to munch on a dog (it isn't), but there's nothing quite like being there in the middle of the day, wondering how the other twenty diners have been occupying themselves for the past hour, if you do come here, buy a hot dog and soda, ask them to open the tin foil wrap on the dog and place the entire thing in their pizza oven for one pass, then ask for the optional sauerkraut that is hidden behind the counter, dress the dog with additional onions and mustard and avoid anything-labeled catsup, breakfast on the go is not the easiest to find in the DC area, the open sites are not the freshest in the world, run-of-the-mill in terms of variety, and worth no effort whatsoever to seek out, even if there are few alternatives in the immediate area, of course even mediocre breakfast could not have set my standards high for sausage rolls, here is a great tip, go to 7-11 and order a breakfast bite, take the sausage out and but a generous smear of the Vidalia onion relish spread on the bottom of the roll , then replace the sausage, sprinkle a few onions on top and you have an entire meal, In what some say is a surprise move and others typical of the man, Michael Landrum fired himself today from Ray’s the Classics. “I am just not meeting my own high expectations anymore”, quoted Michael to some late night customers ,“maybe I can get my mojo back together back by waiting tables at Steak and Ale. As for what will become of the two restaurants, Michael explained that they actually run better when he is not there to get in the way. “The only thing that is inevitable in any of my restaurants is that they continue grow to serve the community in which they are located and for whom they were built to serve in better and stronger ways and that I will not be there to do the work, as a restaurant professional, and as a business owner responsible (as an individual, not as a corporation--I for one do not make that distinction) for the livelihoods of many hard working individuals”. No comment on if he took the generous severance package he offered himself, nor the hard top to his convertible at Ray’s the Steak. DINO to offer live olive oil wrestling during happy hour. Dean Gold announced today that he was going to add Greco style olive oil wresting to his weekday happy hours. Dean is quoted saying that he feels the advent of using Tuscan olive oil will make the wrestling excite the mind and the body. We plan on changing the small plates to reflect the style of ancient Rome. Mixcologist Chris is also planning a Rocky Style Raw Egg Cocktail, that will slowly go down and mean. Don Rockwell (the person, not the board) is hosting a happy hour today from 5-8pm at Café Neuo at 2007 forty First Street, NW. Come meet Don, if you have not met him before and gets his take on Washington DC’s changing restaurant scene. Please leave a message on this thread if you are coming, so we have a count of how many people are coming. The event is not free, you will be responsible for your own tab, as Rocks takes no freebies from the industry, however, there is nothing in his ethics preventing you from buying him one or better yet several rounds.

I really could care less how your day is going.

Don is enjoying a short writing vacation and has asked me to step in and write his monthly blog First of all, everyone should try out Michael Landrum’s new place Ray’s the Booger That is right ML is flinging a middle finger to all that is holy with a new burger place that is reminiscent of his childhood addiction to picking his nose All boogers (burgers) are finger length, will be served with yellow and green sauce, optional crunchies and handkerchiefs instead of napkins In a complete reversal of donrockwell.com policy, Don is now asking everyone to triple space after quoting a passage, yep you read right, triple space to your heart’s content. Seems like the average length of posts lately is down, and by triple spacing, Don can get the stats back up to where they were a year or so ago From my understanding, he will also institute a triple space club complete with a Triple spacing hall o fame Major announcement, there is a major deal in place to bring a legacy name into the DC area, this is a major major deal, but I have been sworn to secrecy about who is coming into town. Only thing I can say is that downtown will be getting a new Restaurant‎ Lets just say this will change the dining scene in a big way. NFWAWFTO Another interesting restaurant that just opened up in Falls Church is Gum bi ya My Lord I may have had the best soffrias de muckyuck I have ever had in the states. This Asian / Spanish newcomer needs to rethink the ringo de smartone and the harrison rel mishime, but the pork and spam paul ala isndead is alive and kicking Skip all the desserts and get a large order of lennon sorbet Don Rockwell (the person, not the board) is hosting a happy hour today from 5-8pm at Café de Lete at 2008 forty first Street, SE. Come meet Don, if you have not met him before and gets his take on Washington DC’s changing restaurant scene Please leave a message on this thread if you are coming, so we have a count of how many people are coming The event is not free, you will be responsible for your own tab, as Rocks takes no freebies from the industry, however, there is nothing in his ethics preventing you from buying him one or better yet several rounds.

Don is out of town this week on his annual (drinking binge) vacation and has asked me to step in this week: [/size][/font]

Dinner at the new Ray's the Steaks has had mixed reviews, I was there last weekend when a waiter brought me the steak I had ordered with his thumb over the meat. "Are you crazy?" I yelled, "with your hand on my steak?" "What" answers the waiter, "You want it to fall on the floor again?" he replied. BTW Michael, I think your unshaven look, couple with a bloodied apron is drop dead beautiful As posted recently here, the DR Members benefits card is going away, sadly it is being replaced by members only jackets that anyone can wear, but only to Donrockwell events. Hopefully we will have more compliance with this promotion. Pillsbury Dough Boy Dead at 71 Veteran Pillsbury spokesman Pop N Fresh died yesterday of a severe yeast infection. He was 71 Fresh was buried in one of the largest funeral ceremonies in recent years. Dozens of celebrities turned out, including Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, and the Hostess Twinkies. The graveside was piled with flours as longtime friend Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, describing Fresh as a man who "never knew how much he was kneaded." Fresh rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model for millions. Fresh is survived by his second wife, they have two children and one in the oven. The funeral was held at 3:25 for 20 minutes. INOX, the new "place to be" in Tyson's Corner will partner with UPS and 7up to rename itself to INOX U UP. More details to come. Oh and there will be a MAJOR upset in the DC MARKET, but I can not tell you till I get a confirmation, safe to say, I will have the scoop on this before anyone else in the biz. WTFAUTAW. BTW way this is my 1000th post, please send me the super secret prize.