What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Hanger steak from Cheesetique, professionally trimmed by the Wilson Boulevard Master Butchers. Many thanks to Michael squared. Dee-lish.

Fingerling potatoes from new morning somethingorother farm at Dupont. Boiled and simply dusted with salt.

Le Tabbie. Cat wine :lol: from Daily Planet and righteously highly recommended by MelGold, Star of such threads as, On a whim, what are you up to?, Fall Picnic at Belle Haven Park, and Dinner!

Tea-smoked duck breast finished with a cider reduction and ancho toasted pumpkin seeds.

Wild rice pilaf with dried Michigan cherries.

Asparagus with lime mayo.

Beer.

It feels good to be cooking again.

[And to have achieved ... grouper.]

Edited by tripewriter

Pan seared salmon rubbed with a "Moroccon" spice blend (equal parts curry powder, whole cumin, whole corriandor, whole anise seed, whole fennel seed, and black pepper corns, freshly ground together), served with a simple acorn squash roasted with a little butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Simple preparation and very complimentry flavors.

Water buffalo yogurt from Trader Joe's. Strawberry flavor by Woodstock. Goooood stuff. Go try some today, seriously!

It's really thick, almost like a custard with very little whey, if any at all. Much thicker than Total Greek Yogurt. Very mild and not tangy, which is good.

It soothes the craving for something rich and creamy. This is my second one of the day.

Water buffalo yogurt from Trader Joe's.  Strawberry flavor by Woodstock.  Goooood stuff.  Go try some today, seriously!

It's really thick, almost like a custard with very little whey, if any at all.  Much thicker than Total Greek Yogurt.  Very mild and not tangy, which is good. 

It soothes the craving for something rich and creamy.  This is my second one of the day.

Doesn't it have like 8 or 12 grams of fat per serving????

Good question, Chris.  I haven't seen a Clark bar in forever.

For a random piece of useless information. The old Clark bar factory is located right in downtown Pittsburgh next to the sports stadiums. The neon sign on the roof is prominant in my childhood memories.I believe it is closed now, but for about 20 years the best place to get liquored up before Steelers or Pirate games was a bar located on the premises called, you guessed it, the "Clark Bar"

Death Pasta from Luigis. Very delicious but so rich.

Death Pasta (n): Pasta of Death. Carbonara. Utterly delicious, but with the eggs, cream, and bacon, how is this stuff NOT taking a solid five minutes off the bottom line of your life ledger. See also: Death Sandwich [chicken carbonara sandwich from Quiznos].

Doesn't it have like 8 or 12 grams of fat per serving????

Yeap, but it's some good stuff. You're about to loose your foodie status by questioning the fat content of something! :lol:

'Sides, I row 4x's a week and go to the gym every day. That's the only way I can eat the way I do! :P:(

Carbonara.  Utterly delicious, but with the eggs, cream, and bacon, how is this stuff NOT taking a solid five minutes off the bottom line of your life ledger. 
I like to toss in a few fresh shucked peas - that way I feel like it balances the equation. :lol:

Just finished a meal of ravioli stuffed with butternut squash (roasted butternut squash, butter, Parmasean, fresh nutmeg, salt and pepper) , and topped with a hazelnut butter sauce (a simple brown butter with ground hazelnuts added when the first tinge of brown appears, take off the heat when it foams, and add a little salt and pepper), and an herb roasted pork loin. The herbs were a mix of dry herbs brought back from our recent trip to Italy -- it had rosemary, parsley, garlic, juniper, and salt.

Humboldt Fog. God I love this cheese.

(FWIW, Balducci's in Bethesda has changed their cheese display. Most cheeses are still wrapped but don't seem to be held at subzero temps as before and they're stocking smaller quantities. The cheese I've bought there lately is in better condition than I've previously encountered.)