What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Hot sauce is delicious, there is no denying that. But....it's easy to overdo. If you're not careful, you can lose control, lose your lunch, or worse. Two good drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce is perfectly safe to put into a bowl of Spaghetti-Os. Three is just too much. Please, be careful with hot sauce.

The More You Know

Hot sauce is delicious, there is no denying that. But....it's easy to overdo.  If you're not careful, you can lose control, lose your lunch, or worse.  Two good drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce is perfectly safe to put into a bowl of Spaghetti-Os.  Three is just too much.  Please, be careful with hot sauce.

The More You Know

When I was younger I convinced my friend that Dave's Insanity Sauce was just a marketing ploy and that it really was tangy. Convinced of this, he then thought it would be great to "pretend" like it was really hot in front of another friend. The moment he put a tortilla chip soaked in Dave's Insanity Sauce into his mouth he called me an A-Hole and proceeded to cry in pain from the heat.....15 years later he is still somehow one of my best friends.

I just finished eating cole slaw leftover from a batch I made for dinner last night:  cabbage, carrots, mayo, buttermilk, salt, sugar, and celery seeds.  No hot sauce ;)
Hot sauce in cole slaw is good, just don't add so much that it turns slightly pink. At that point other flavors start getting lost. <_<

Although not technically "right now," last night I had what I thought was a pretty good thrown together dinner. Sliced up a zucchini, two small onions and about 5 cloves of garlic. Smothered it in olive oil and salt and roasted on 450 for about 45 minutes. So sweet. So delicious. So simple. Over some pasta with shaved fresh parm on top. Mmmmm.

A multi-culti homemade leftover lunch:

Basic risotto

Tom Yum Goong - (Thai lemongrass Shrimp soup minus some of the key ingredients like lemongrass, mushrooms and cilantro, but in spite of those omissions it's still pretty tasty! Gotta work with what you got...)

My family, etc. are gone, so I thought I'd cook up a Jamaican Easter :) . I'm testing a jerk chicken, with green onion/cilantro rice, mixing a black eyed pea salad. . .or maybe scratch the rice and fry up some plantains.

And a dark and stormy.

My family, etc. are gone, so I thought I'd cook up a Jamaican Easter :) .  I'm testing a jerk chicken, with green onion/cilantro rice,  mixing a black eyed pea salad. . .or maybe scratch the rice and fry up some plantains. 

And a dark and stormy.

From the Bon Appetit this month? It's a great issue - and the Jerk Chicken recipe is excellent!

Amazingly delicious strawberries from Homestead Farm, swiped through mascarpone.
with mascarpone....never tried that yet...now must

Had lobsters on the grill Sunday with corn saland and a roasterd red pepper with feta dip to go with some fresh out of the ground radishes and pita etc. Oh and Saturday night was Maestro. OMG!