What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

well, not right now, but about 2 hours ago, a tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwich on a baguette that took most of the weekend to bake and covered my kitchen in flour. But it's good, dammit!! :P

oh- and the annoying details: tomato and basil from the CSA. Bread: from Rose Levy Berenbaum's The Bread Bible.

SoHo is the closest place to my office so I eat there all too often. They do make a decent red beans and rice though, so I'm chowing down on that along with a soggy eggroll.

SoHo, the buffet chain with the red and black sign? It's a big deal to admit that! Kudos.

Stale Bugles. OK, OK. My stomach was rumbling because I could not bring myself to eat the egg roll I got today at the building's cafeteria. Blech. It's Chinese Day! Not. I didn't want to go near the "General Tso's Chicken" or the "Fried Rice." I've eaten plenty of bad egg rolls in my life, but this was the worst. Even worse than those little baby frozen ones you can get at Giant.

This is my first time here :P Nice to meet everyone!

Right now I'm 'tasting' my latest experiment: saffron & pistachio cookies. I'm working on a low-(sat.)fat recipe that use no butter and yolk :wub: It came out pretty nice.. though not all the spices came through (saffron was too powerful, perhaps?).

Guacamole, spicy guacamole. It's my second time making the stuff at home and this time I used fresh jalepeno pepper. [Last time, I made "mild" guacamole, with only a few drops of hot sauce.]

That's powerful stuff! I minced two slices of the pepper, probably 1/4" thick each, to go with two avocados. Personally, I love the spice, but if I make guac for guests, I think I'll have to tone it down slightly.

Yeast-raised, maple-glazed, homemade doughnuts.

Yeah, rub it in! I'll just go back to eating my Dunkin Donuts Boston-creme-filled chemical foam, thank you. Was going to make buttermilk pancakes, but I ended up having to help a friend move. Pancakes for dinner now. :P

Just this minute, I bit into, and chewed, a previously undetected jalapeno pepper on a shredded pork sandwich from Banh Mi DC Sandwich in Falls Church.

Clicking on "Add Reply," and then heading straight for the Deer Park water cooler,

Rocks.

kong lay uck

phonetic spelling of "no hot peppers"

Just this minute, I bit into, and chewed, a previously undetected jalapeno pepper on a shredded pork sandwich from Banh Mi DC Sandwich in Falls Church.

Clicking on "Add Reply," and then heading straight for the Deer Park water cooler,

Rocks.

It was full? :lol:

What you needed was a glass of milk or a nice lassi

First pear of the season from Reid's.

I discovered pears just in the last few years and it's been a real love affair.  This was a regular Bartlett--hoping for the red Bartlett's soon.

I love this time of year--still getting tomatoes and necatarines but the apples and pears are starting to appear.

Yum!

Jennifer

You're eating?! What happened to the pre-Eve fast?