This looks a bit like a Crisp & Juicy knock-off with a few other items thrown in the mix.  The chicken sandwich was OK (lettuce, tomato, "house sauce" (Big Mac special sauce?), and pickle for $8.  The fried plantain side for $2 was a good deal, and a larger portion than you would get at Crisp & Juicy for about the same price.

What I really want to know is who decided it was a good idea to place a takeout window in the front of the store on a relatively narrow sidewalk between the entrance and exit.  It's not.  Even 3 or 4 people milling around the window makes passage difficult.  This is exacerbated by the fact that it is between the entrance and where they store the shopping carts.  God forbid this window ever gets really popular.

Is it The Coop or The Co-op?

For anyone who is interested, the Whole Foods in Columbia, MD recently opened. I'm hoping to visit this week and can report back on anything exciting or new at this location. I have to say, I'm beyond thrilled to have this here as I've been to Wegman's for prepared foods far too frequently lately just out of convenience.

It's been a good while since I got a Whole Foods' chicken, but the two components that I remember are 1) rosemary 2) dry. Is this still the case?

Have to concur with Astrid above, the rotisserie chicken is just not good, not tasty, and tends toward dry.  Dang, chicken out was so good in this area...gotta go back to Harris Teeter, I recall that as on the better side and I'm not current on this but they used to have them for sale on Sunday's.

The Fish and Chips and that seafood bar at WF Fairfax is pretty good but the rest of the food is merely meh. The BBQ eatery is serviceable, the Ramen Bar is very good, and the food and drink in the Sports Bar is a straight-up steal, especially when they have various food stations outside during happy hour.

I rarely shop at WF Fairfax, but I eat and drink there all the time

• Like 1

The Fish and Chips and that seafood bar at WF Fairfax is pretty good but the rest of the food is merely meh. The BBQ eatery is serviceable, the Ramen Bar is very good, and the food and drink in the Sports Bar is a straight-up steal, especially when they have various food stations outside during happy hour.

I rarely shop at WF Fairfax, but I eat and drink there all the time

Try the kimchi grilled cheese next time you are there. It's served at the wine/beer bar.

The seafood bar used to serve a killer bouillabaisse, which was sold at the incredible price of $13. I hope they bring it back.

• Like 1

The seafood bar used to serve a killer bouillabaisse, which was sold at the incredible price of $13. I hope they bring it back.

We were there 2 weeks ago and they definitely had the Bouillabaisse on the menu. I love it, and it is a bargain. I also love the fish in the lemon dill sauce with saffron aioli. I usually have the catfish that way, but 2 weeks ago they were running fresh swordfish as a special, and it was really delicious in that preparation. My husband loves the shrimp and chips and has that every time we go there. Oysters on the half shell are a bargain when they have them. I saw a sign for a Mussel special--I think it's during "happy hour" on Wednesdays.

I think having lunch there is a civilized way to start a grocery shopping trip. The fish is always fresh and there's no tipping, which improves the deal.

• Like 3

I go to the Reston WF for the lunch bar often.  They have nice options and the food doesn't feel as heavy as some restaurants and I like to get a little of this and a little of that.  I love their tahini kale to the point that I just went ahead and bought their dressing mix, I have the recipe and make it at home, but the bottle was cheap and great for work.  I have gotten a few sandwiches there too, which were tasty.

We were there 2 weeks ago and they definitely had the Bouillabaisse on the menu. I love it, and it is a bargain. I also love the fish in the lemon dill sauce with saffron aioli. I usually have the catfish that way, but 2 weeks ago they were running fresh swordfish as a special, and it was really delicious in that preparation. My husband loves the shrimp and chips and has that every time we go there. Oysters on the half shell are a bargain when they have them. I saw a sign for a Mussel special--I think it's during "happy hour" on Wednesdays.

I think having lunch there is a civilized way to start a grocery shopping trip. The fish is always fresh and there's no tipping, which improves the deal.

Happy to report the bouillabaisse is indeed back on the menu.

Thanks for the tip on the bouillabaisse. I love a well executed version and it sounds like that is what they do.

If you are ever in the Fair Lakes area, the Whole Foods has a seafood "restaurant," as well as sushi area, pizza/bar area, and onsite BBQ bar - all are very good.  The "bar" has wings/beer/burgers etc and is usually packed for lunch and dinner.

The bouillabaisse at the seafood eating area is awesome.  Saffron tomato base, with mussels and chunks of fish, all cooked to order.  They even serve wine/beer.  If you go, plan to be there when they open or towards the end of the lunch rush, otherwise you won't get a seat.  This is one of the area's best kept secrets, but my go to for an awesome bouillabaissefor a whopping $13!   Make sure you have the bread as well, it makes a great sponge to pick up all the saffron tomato sauce that is left.  

• Like 3

The Maryland Crab soup at the Clarendon location was better than it had any right to be a couple weeks ago.  Bright, briny, and lots of Old Bay.  Subtle or delicate it was not, but neither was the can of Founders All Day IPA I had to go with it.  

• Like 3