Jenny's at the Wharf (Formerly Jenny's Asian Fusion) - Southwest Waterfront

Wow. This place was bad. We were there for Fourth of July so we could watch fireworks. That is perhaps the only redeeming quality of this spot. Surly bartender. Salt and pepper squid rings? I was expecting what I would usually get at a Chinese restaurant, nice bits of sea salt and cracked peppercorns with thick white rings of squid. I got thin rings that could easily have been rubberbands with some terrible batter that I don't think came within spitting range of pepper. That was the only thing I ordered, but with an app that bad, I can't even imagine what the other food must taste like.

Sigh... It is hard to find any redeeming qualities at Jenny's. However, at one point, it was the Saturday night party spot for the lesbian community. I believe that was their main source of income -- not the food!

That was the only thing I ordered, but with an app that bad, I can't even imagine what the other food must taste like.

Consider that under the Chef's Specialties section of the dinner menu, they have Seafood Newburg and Beef Wellington.

I used to get lunch at their awful Waterside Mall restaurant (and each time I did, I kicked myself for not going to Negril). If you read the October, 2006 Hill Rag, you'll get the background behind the restaurant.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Apr 24, 2015 - "Jenny's Restaurant Reopens on Southwest Waterfront" by Andrew Ramonas on hillnow.com

It's kind of sad that this place reopened over a year ago, after being closed for seven months, and I never even knew it closed. I did drive by it a few days ago, and there's a vinyl sign hanging amidst a *lot* of construction - this cannot be helping their business.

I mentioned this in the previous post, but you just have no idea what a *dive* this was back when it was in Waterside Mall, back when there *was* a Waterside Mall. Waterside Mall was the *Headquarters of the EPA* - it was such a dump that I can't even find any pictures of it on the internet. I worked there for years, and when I go there now, I literally don't even recognize where I am. God, Greenleaf Gardens (just to the east) was a drug den, and it wasn't even the worst place around (that award probably went to Barry Farm) - you go to those links now and see a smiling family, but there weren't too many smiling families there twenty years ago.