350 replies to this topic

#351 Joe H

Joe H

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

I agree.  I'd go there also.  For the name, the cleverness....and I'd specifically want to go with my brother and 2 other similarly older male cousins;  all of us the son's of 2 brothers and a sister.  Those 3 siblings called one another every single day.  The 2 brothers would call one another "fat"  They spared their sister that nickname.

Growing up we heard them every day.  So the name "fat" is one that is familiar and "affectionate" for my cousins, siblings and I.  If my older brother and 2 older male cousins and I were all there, I'd treat.  I'd order up "double fatso's" from the menu.  I'd happily serve them.  Two of my cousins "earned" that name.  We all had a great uncle, who was a big "fatso" and amazing character, and the uncle of our parents.  We all grew up very aware of this character.  

I'd serve the double "fatsos" to my cousins.  I'd rename them after our late great uncle, I'd call them "Meyer's".  We would all laugh and laugh and laugh, and share in memories.  

I'm sure myriads of people everywhere have similar memories.  Its a clever restaurant/joint name.  

Now we old codgers have to coordinate flights to Chicago...if we wish to partake in this fun memory.    

Daveo, really enjoyed your post.  Thank you for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users