starfish

To Whom Are You Drinking Right Now?

1,835 posts in this topic

To Fred Hellerman.  From today's Times:  "Fred Hellerman, a singer, guitarist and songwriter and the last surviving member of the Weavers, the quartet that in the 1950s helped usher in the folk music revival, died on Thursday at his home in Weston, Conn. He was 89."

I'll listen to the Weavers a bit today and remember my visits to the Village in the 1960s.

To my old friend Dave Nelson who was murdered in the World Trade Center 15 years ago.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Keithstg said:

To Richard Keane and Bill Meehan.

20 minutes ago, DaveO said:

To my old friend Dave Nelson who was murdered in the World Trade Center 15 years ago.

Absolutely to all who were directly and indirectly affected by the attacks. And I'll also go ahead and wish a happy 48th birthday to Member Number One.

2 people like this

To my dad. 89 years young, diagnosed with cancer, who just announced he is refusing chemo.  And he told us all, upon making his decision, that he hoped he did not disappoint us. No way Dad, no way. 💕

9 people like this

On 9/20/2016 at 1:36 AM, dcandohio said:

To my dad. 89 years young, diagnosed with cancer, who just announced he is refusing chemo.  And he told us all, upon making his decision, that he hoped he did not disappoint us. No way Dad, no way. 💕

I would do the exact same thing.

Get him in hospices now while he's healthy. It'll be the best decision you make.

I have a friend with a 90-year-old father who is diagnosed with rapidly worsening congestive heart failure, and he made the same choice. Modern medicine is great at keeping people alive; not so great at keeping them alive *with quality of life*.

1 person likes this

I'm drinking a cup of coffee and thinking about my friend Gary who died early this morning at home from cancer. He had a long struggle with brain tumors. He was as kind and sincere as they come.

3 people like this