Pizzeria Orso, S. Maple Ave. in Falls Church - Chef Carlos Diaz Steps In For Will Artley, With GM Sara Barrera

Orso is closing as of Feb 18.  So many pizzas, gnocchi, and martinis have filled up my, and many others', bellies.  If you have a chance, pay some homage to them for all the hard work, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this neighborhood joint will rise again.  We almost always sit at the bar - say hello next time! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

22 hours ago, captcourt said:

Orso is closing as of Feb 18.  So many pizzas, gnocchi, and martinis have filled up my, and many others', bellies.  If you have a chance, pay some homage to them for all the hard work, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this neighborhood joint will rise again.  We almost always sit at the bar - say hello next time! 

Oh man, so sad to hear this. We have really enjoyed Orso through the years. Sad to see them go. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:52 AM, DonRocks said:

Say hi next time! 🙂

I went on Feb 10, and got a couple pizzas to go (thanks, captcourt). It was packed and overflowing with families - Pizzeria Orso is the 2 Amys of Falls Church.

For neighborhood pizza, you can draw a legitimate comparison between Orso and Pupatella, but now that Enzo is no longer kneading dough, Orso has better pizza.

• Like 1

We went on the last night of service.  Apparently all of Falls Church and environs did too, since they ran out of pizza dough fairly early, and I couldn't get my mission fig pizza (though I'd gotten one the night before, and so subbed in the excellent chopped salad for the pizza).  The place was packed.  It's a shame that they had too many nights when there were only a few customers at the tables (we usually sat at the bar and chatted with Denise while she poured our cocktails) and not enough nights like closing night.  I get that there are lots of places to spend your $, and always new places to try.  But please don't forget your old favorites that still need some love, now that they're not the flashy new kids on the block. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1