Pete's Apizza, New Haven-Inspired Pizza in Four Area Locations with Delivery

I started going there some months ago and found their pizza by the slice pretty good.  Sometimes a little too cheese-y sometimes a little too dry and old.  I got to asking when they made the pie so I wouldn't make that mistake again.  Noticed it was never very busy even during prime lunch hours.  I liked their black cherry fountain soda very much.

• Like 1

Stopped at Pete's after a sad trip to Friendship animal hospital. Neither of us wanted to cook. So, he had a slice of sausage and mushroom and I had a slice of pepperoni. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a glass of chardonnay. We like their pizza, and miss the Columbia Heights location.

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, saf said:

Stopped at Pete's after a sad trip to Friendship animal hospital. Neither of us wanted to cook. So, he had a slice of sausage and mushroom and I had a slice of pepperoni. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a glass of chardonnay. We like their pizza, and miss the Columbia Heights location.

Sorry about fur baby.  Never good.  With regard to Pete's, and I have not been there in ages, I liked that you could do two different toppings on a fresh pie.  The kids could get something simple and the adults could get more fun stuff.  I usually do not like the rolled up pizza thing as they under cook it.  Not sure if they have worked that out.  My aunt is in Penn and the stromboli is awesome- so maybe I am picky.

New Year's Eve - we tried to order from Vace, but they closed early, so I made an expedition, through serious fog, across town to get pizza from Pete's. Still miss the Columbia Heights location, but this was a fine pizza. Large, extra cheese, pepperoni, garlic. It was enough for 3 of us with some leftovers. 

• Like 1