Chics N Wings, Sports Bar on Watson Street in Tyson's Corner - Closed

I have not been here, nor do I plan to ever go here, but we're trying to create a thread for every restaurant in the DC area, right?

I saw a mention on craigslist about this place opening:

http://chicsnwings.com/

It's called Chics N Wings and according to the menu, you can expect to pay $1 per wing on average. It's that pricing structure and the fact that ranch is the default dipping sauce that will keep this Buffalo native away.

But what's really fascinating to me is their logo. Can anyone explain what that thing is supposed to be??

Photo of Chics N Wings - McLean, VA, United States

I was there last September on the first Saturday of the college football season. I had never been, but I was looking for some place that was showing the game I wanted to see. At least on that day, at that time, the young female staff seemed as if it had been hired based on its looks, not its prowess at waiting tables, tending bar, or operating a satellite TV connection. After the manager was finally able to find my game, I saw my team suffer a horrible, humiliating defeat. I'll never say never, but I certainly have no plans to go back.

I was there last September on the first Saturday of the college football season. I had never been, but I was looking for some place that was showing the game I wanted to see. At least on that day, at that time, the young female staff seemed as if it had been hired based on its looks, not its prowess at waiting tables, tending bar, or operating a satellite TV connection. After the manager was finally able to find my game, I saw my team suffer a horrible, humiliating defeat. I'll never say never, but I certainly have no plans to go back.

Me too. Although I didn't stay long enough to experience the poor service or watch my team suffer a humiliating defeat. I sat at the bar and was quite put off by the lack of cleanliness and the paper menus sitting on top of the bar soaked in puddles of... something. Plus, the place was way too smoky, so I beat a hasty retreat to Gordon Biersch in Tyson's. Had some good beer and a decent burger (plus I have a soft spot for their garlic fries), and never looked back.

We had our company holiday party after party here. From what I remember, a good time was had by all. I sort of remember a roadhouse type of atmosphere. I do not recall eating anything, but had plenty of cheap beer.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Can anyone find their original logo online anywhere? I've done every search I know of and haven't come up with anything.

Not urgent; I just didn't want to leave a broken link dangling in your earlier post - I can always delete that part if nobody can find it.

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Can anyone find their original logo online anywhere? I've done every search I know of and haven't come up with anything.

Is this it?  I went to Yelp, clicked on See all 28 photos, and this was the 25th of 28 photos

Photo of Chics N Wings - McLean, VA, United States

ETA:  It is now showing up for me at least in your topic initiating post # 1 above.  It was not showing for me before I made this post.  Weird.

Edited by dcs