Rock Out of Stone Age

ukr50

It seems like there's a big Twitter promotion as a ton of food people have started them. I've really seen very little evidence of it being anything less than suck, unless you're keen on being a voyeur.

And I can just imagine what it would look like here:

A: Ray's Hell burger is teh bomb.

B: @A yeah it is. i <3 that cheese.

C: LOLZ yeah. I love Ray's Hellburger

D: I <3 Spike

E: Yes he's hot, and his burgers are r0X0r

F: I'm going to Ray's Hellburger, who wants to come?

G: ZOMG, just saw Michael. He's going to rename it Ray's Booger Barn

G: ROFL. J/K

H: OMG. STFU about the burgers already.

Don: I want to have sex with Paris Hilton.

It seems like there's a big Twitter promotion as a ton of food people have started them. I've really seen very little evidence of it being anything less than suck, unless you're keen on being a voyeur.

And I can just imagine what it would look like here:

A: Ray's Hell burger is teh bomb.

B: @A yeah it is. i <3 that cheese.

C: LOLZ yeah. I love Ray's Hellburger

D: I <3 Spike

E: Yes he's hot, and his burgers are r0X0r

F: I'm going to Ray's Hellburger, who wants to come?

G: ZOMG, just saw Michael. He's going to rename it Ray's Booger Barn

G: ROFL. J/K

H: OMG. STFU about the burgers already.

Don: I want to have sex with Paris Hilton.

+1 Internets for you!

> Too many people who don't have anything interesting to say insisting on saying it...

Isn't that what the internet is all about? :lol:

Only since that fateful September that never ended.

Previously of course, it was a shiny blue utopia full of benevolent optimists from all over the world, who naturally gravitated toward communicating in English. ;)

Fight the urge. :lol:
Oh come on. I'll get Jim to bring his N95, and we can post video updates on Seesmic right from the table!

(In case anyone is wondering, that really is the friend we're having dinner with Saturday night. He'll leave the AV equipment at home or his wife will put the hurt on him. :))

For all you scoffers: there really is an active foodie Twitter crowd, even a Twitter/cookbook.

Had fun last night chatting with Chef Spike on twitter @BravoTopChef about Top Chef and his other goings ons. Are there any other foodies, chefs and/or critics that I should be following on twitter?

Chefs have time to twitter?! :lol:

I can't imagine anyone has noticed or cares, but I apparently have an impersonator on twitter. donrockwell is not me. At one point I did sign up as donrocks, but I've never done anything with twitter other than sign up for it. Not my thing.
That's pretty entertaining, Don. I knew about that months ago, because at one point "you" started following me.

You may want to consider having a conversation there eventually. Twitter is basically instant messaging or Google Talk, with as many or as few people as you chose. It's less about broadcasting your deep thoughts and more about socializing, kind of like this here olde-fashioned "message board." I have recruited quite a few people from there to check out this board via links to posts, etc.

I can't imagine anyone has noticed or cares, but I apparently have an impersonator on twitter. donrockwell is not me. At one point I did sign up as donrocks, but I've never done anything with twitter other than sign up for it. Not my thing.

Me and Kanye West.

Remember everyone: It's NOT me on Twitter - it's an imposter; I am on Facebook, however, and you can find me right here.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Todd Kliman tweets that Inox is closing ;) Wondering when I can go get another patty melt and fries. He also says Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is closing too.

I heard yesterday (from a pretty solid source) that the landlord is shopping the lease, but I didn't want to say anything based on that alone; I had no idea about Monterey Bay Fish Grotto, however. I'm not updating the thread titles (because of Google) until I hear more.

Why isn't rockwell.com connected to twitter yet? I'm sure at least some people on the site use it, those that never heard of it, I'm proud to be taking your virginity-it's a social microblogging site that lets you post comments from your phone and be connected to others.

What a better way to express your opinion about the food while you are still at the restaurant (that should spice things up). Twitter is not even a nerdy futuristic toy anymore-it's here. The question is: how soon will we catch up. Rockwell can set up the configuration through Chirrup: http://www.readwrite...omments_int.php or many other applications: http://twitter.pbwiki.com/Apps

It's a democracy and we shouldn't wait for Rockwell to decide on Twittering or not. Do we want it on this site? Let's hear it.

P.S. Twitter is not paying me for this (even with sexual favors…. Damn)

She was right, you know!

Today, however, The Borg has been disrupted.

On 8/4/2008 at 2:29 PM, dcs said:

OK, I'll bite; who is paying you to shill so shamelessly for this service?

I can admit when I am wrong.  I am on Twitter more than several times a day and it has become one of my first sources to follow breaking news.

13 minutes ago, dcs said:

I can admit when I am wrong.  I am on Twitter more than several times a day and it has become one of my first sources to follow breaking news.

The thing I love is, now that this community is over eleven years old, our content is really gaining some historical, academic value. Just last night, for example, I realized we followed the entire history of Liberty Tavern. I realize that isn't of global importance, but the fact that *none* of us knew what Twitter was in 2008, absolutely is - I think it's really cool, and even though I'll never make any money from this website, one day (long after I'm gone) it will be looked upon as a treasure trove of information, and not just for restaurants. People won't need to look back and say, "If he was only alive to see it," because I already know what's going to happen. I just need a little seed money to help me organize our content better, and to correct some bugs that Invision has created in the presentation of certain characters - I love, love, love our indexing, and I want to have every single post, in every single forum, indexed so that everything is just one or two clicks away. I want every single word, that every single person, has written on here to have meaning and lasting historical value and interest, and to be easily accessible.