The Current 100 Genius people

Mark Slater

The company emailed 4,000 Britons this summer and asked them to nominate up to 10 living people who they considered geniuses.

Each genius was then awarded scores out of ten against criteria which included: paradigm shifting; popular acclaim; intellectual power; achievement and cultural importance.

Since when is cultural importance a measure of genius?

Sort of like the Washingtonian Readers Poll, Zagat's, AOL "Best Of," or the RAMMY Public Choice awards, or whatever they're all called.

Maybe we should do a dr.com Member Poll. Yeah, yeah, I know ... Ray's Hell-Burgers, Two Amys, Dino, Corduroy, Palena, etc. But what's wrong with that? At least it isn't Hamburger Hamlet, Five Guys, zPizza, Domino's, L'Auberge Chez Francois, Makoto, or other travesties of justice such as:

Best Thai: Mie & Yu

Best Destination Restaurant: Lauriol Plaza

Best Pizza: Cheesecake Factory

There's at least one space available, since this is supposed to be a list of LIVING geniuses and Bobby Fischer is dead. I nominate Barack Obama.
So's Albert Hoffman (#1). The list is from last October.

32= Prince

That's about where I stopped reading... :lol:

Damn skippy he's a musical genius. Probably should have been higher on the list, really.

Apropos of food, I'm pretty surprised not to see Ferran Adria, or at least Heston Blumenthal on here given that it's a British list.