Fin, Seafood at South Dupont Circle - Finished.

FIN in Dupont. Right around from "M Street Bars" close to Dupont and not too far from g-town or foggy bottom by cab. Great service and atmosphere. Food I'd recommend would be house salad and devil shrimp. If you go early there are great happy hour specials with food and drink... www.fin-dc.com

FIN in Dupont.  Right around from "M Street Bars" close to Dupont and not too far from g-town or foggy bottom by cab.  Great service and atmosphere.  Food I'd recommend would be house salad and devil shrimp.  If you go early there are great happy hour specials with food and drink...  www.fin-dc.com

I heard on the radio a couple days ago that Fin is closed (or closing) and is going to reopen as a Thai restaurant called "My Thai" (Mai Tai?) or something like that. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Cheers, Rocks.

I heard on the radio a couple days ago that Fin is closed (or closing) and is going to reopen as a Thai restaurant called "My Thai" (Mai Tai?) or something like that.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  Cheers, Rocks.

Was there Wednesday, seemed wide open, but didn't ask about future plans.

Penag is Malaysian, but they will be competing with the nearby Star of Siam. Pan-asian lunchtime spots Nooshi and Signapore Bistro are also a block south on 19th. But considering the lines out of the better lunchtime options in that area it seems like they've got the concentration for it.

Penag is Malaysian, but they will be competing with the nearby Star of Siam. Pan-asian lunchtime spots Nooshi and Signapore Bistro are also a block south on 19th. But considering the lines out of the better lunchtime options in that area it seems like they've got the concentration for it.

(footnote--Star of Siam is no more...it is now Thai Bistro!)

I was never impressed with Fin--last visit was a special party for work, which was handled nicely, but I wouldn't, and wasn't inspired to return. Too many other good options in the area.