Atlantis Pizza, King Street in Alexandria

I'm looking forward to trying some of the other pizza places in the area (such as Atlantis and the Monis family's place on Duke Street whose name escapes me and which I'm too lazy to look up), but, after a recent disappointing experience with Cafe Pizzaiolo, I'm glad to have discovered such quality pizza so close to where I live.
Atlantis makes a decent pizza (we go there when we're too tired to go for "serious" food. It's close by so it's easy. Fairlington Pizza is walking distance from our house but because they don't take credit cards, we don't go there often. Their pizza is good Greek pizza (just like Atlantis).

Atlantis is always a safe bet for pretty decent-standard fare. While not a huge fan of their pizza, it is decent and edible.. I love their Greek salad and the Chicken Avologolomego(cannot ever spell or pronounce it) soup. I really like the Oven baked spaghetti with meatballs.

Avgolemono is easier to remember if you break it into parts: Avgo (egg) Lemono (lemon). Accent the first syllable of each part and you have the basic pronunciation.

Cheers,

Dionysus.

Avgolemono is easier to remember if you break it into parts: Avgo (egg) Lemono (lemon). Accent the first syllable of each part and you have the basic pronunciation.

Cheers,

Dionysus.

Actually, the accent is on the omicron in "avgo". But since "avgolemono" is one word, the only emphasis is on the "le" part. So, it ought to read/sound like "avgoLEmono."

Actually, the accent is on the omicron in "avgo". But since "avgolemono" is one word, the only emphasis is on the "le" part. So, it ought to read/sound like "avgoLEmono."

And with that I can hear Kostas shouting back my order at the Greek Deli :lol: and then..."NEXT ON THE LINE!"

On 1/18/2021 at 4:00 PM, alexandria1 said:

Closing on January 24:

https://alexandrialivingmagazine.com/food-and-dining/atlantis-restaurant-to-close-alexandria-pandemic/

Nearly a third of the restaurant's lengthy lifespan has passed since the last post in this thread!

Since we moved about 6 years ago, we don't get to Atlantis much any more.  It was once our Friday night "let's get something to eat because it's been a long day" restaurant.  One time I could have named all of the servers for you and would probably still recognize the Friday night regulars by sight.  After the move, it just sort of fell by the wayside.