Kabobelicious, Colesville Shopping Center - Closed

This place has just been open for a week. The sign says Kebobs and Gyros. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. 11-9 for now. Right now they seem to be just settling in. Don't see gyros on the menu yet but I have tried their kefta kebob with cous cous and their appetizer plate of falefel, stuffed grape leaves, eggplant, and olives. The menu also has lamb, chicken, and fish kebobs. The falafel smelled delicious and looked good but for now it's not as crunchy wonderful all the way through as at Max's Deli in Wheaton. Crossing my fingers that we can count on this place since it's so close by. I don't know much about North African food to compare it with. English, Arabic, and French spoken there.

The seating looks like a fast food joint. It's in the inexpensive range. I think the highest priced item was around $9.

Anybody else tried it? In the Colesville Shopping Center, corner of New Hampshire Ave. and Randolph Rd.

English, Arabic, and French spoken there.

And Spanish and even Tagalog, believe it or not! The owner is a major-league polyglot.

I was intrigued by the sign saying Méchoui, because I've all but given up hope of having one in this country, but technically the term means "roasted over an open fire," and not necessarily in a backyard pit, so their little charcoal grill meets the definition.

This place is so new that I'm hesitant to write much of anything, but the Chicken Kabob ($7.50) had good flavor to the meat, and came with an intriguing ratatouille; I got rice with it but next time I'll get the couscous. I'm hopeful that the foil-packs of salad dressing can eventually be replaced with something homemade as the weeks go by.

Cheers,

Rocks.

I was intrigued by the sign saying Méchoui, because I've all but given up hope of having one in this country, but technically the term means "roasted over an open fire," and not necessarily in a backyard pit, so their little charcoal grill meets the definition.

We've only had Moroccan mechoui, in the square in Marrakesh. The lamb is roasted in the ground, creating very moist, tender, flavorful meat, but no crispy skin. Our lamb was served with some bread, and some spices to dip the lamb in. The closest thing we've had in DC is at Komi, but we don't really know where to look.