Dupont Tequila - Opening in Dupont Circle?

I would love to see some major sleuthing on this... I saw this on a nighlife website a few months back, but haven't heard anything since. It claims that it will have the "largest outdoor patio in Dupont." It could be more of a nighlife spot, but it would nice if it were a legit Mexican restaurant too... Anyone have a clue about this?

http://www.duponttequila.com/

"We're gonna out-Lauriol Lauriol!!"

Maybe it's the cold medicine, but I'm trying to think of Dupont property being worked on that could claim the Largest Patio crown and am coming up blanks. All-knowing Google returns references to a "secret" yet-to-be-announced location.

"Dupont's largest patio"

"Secret location"

Does. Not. Compute.

Hmmmm - possibly the space of the former Olsson's?

I'm thinking it will be rooftop patio.... like Eighteenth Street Lounge. That's the only way to get a patio that large in such a prime location. Especially when considering permitting concerns.

I'm thinking it will be rooftop patio.... like Eighteenth Street Lounge. That's the only way to get a patio that large in such a prime location. Especially when considering permitting concerns.
Sorry to throw cold water on it. I love the idea, however from my understanding, Dupont Circle and surrounding ANC neighborhoods have a moratorium on liquor licenses. No new ones and transfers are unlikely to be approved by the neighbors.

Sorry to throw cold water on it. I love the idea, however from my understanding, Dupont Circle and surrounding ANC neighborhoods have a moratorium on liquor licenses. No new ones and transfers are unlikely to be approved by the neighbors.

True, kind of. That moratorium has been around for a while and breached many times. I think the neighbor's powers are particularly limited in the case of a transfer.

Though, I kind of lean towards TedE in thinking that if the neighbors did block this one, I'd probably never notice it.