The One Thing That I Want to Eat in a Restaurant...

Joe H

"Duckfat Poutine: 8.50

Layers of Our Duckfat Belgian Fries

topped with 'Silvery Moon Creamery' Cheese Curd &

Homemade Duck Gravy"

From the restaurant "Duckfat" in Portland, Maine where their fries are always fried in duckfat: http://www.duckfat.com/menu.html This is owned by the chef/owner of Hugo's, an outstanding restaurant and one of the best in New England. One of their dipping sauces for their Belgian fries is a special: "homemade lobster mayo."

Someone needs to open a place like Duckfat here.

I would suggest that the next time you are in Bordeaux, visit La Tupina on the Quaie de la Monnaie. While you are perusing the menu, order the "Bloc de Foie Gras", which a large, cold block of foie gras preserved in duck fat and served with their crusty bread that has been slathered with poultry fat and grilled. This is capital "D" decadent.

"Duckfat Poutine: 8.50

Layers of Our Duckfat Belgian Fries

topped with 'Silvery Moon Creamery' Cheese Curd &

Homemade Duck Gravy"

From the restaurant "Duckfat" in Portland, Maine where their fries are always fried in duckfat: http://www.duckfat.com/menu.html This is owned by the chef/owner of Hugo's, an outstanding restaurant and one of the best in New England. One of their dipping sauces for their Belgian fries is a special: "homemade lobster mayo."

Someone needs to open a place like Duckfat here.

Reminds me of Au Pied de Cochon in Montreal.

I would suggest that the next time you are in Bordeaux, visit La Tupina on the Quaie de la Monnaie. While you are perusing the menu, order the "Bloc de Foie Gras", which a large, cold block of foie gras preserved in duck fat and served with their crusty bread that has been slathered with poultry fat and grilled. This is capital "D" decadent.

Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!