Otterbein's Bakery

I was over at a friend's this weekend, and I just happened to try a chocolate chip cookie from Otterbein's. They looked pretty unextraordinary from the outside, and probably why I never picked these up at home. But it was one of the best store-bought cookies I've ever had. I'm not normally a fan of crisp cookies, but this had an almost lacy texture, was rich with butter, and had a fantastic salt balance. The chocolate chips weren't necessarily the best, but clearly could kick the bejesus out of those mockolate craptastic Chips Ahoy chips. According to the site you can find them at Magruder's, Giant and Wegman's.

Wegman's has been carrying these for about a month now, and yeah, the chocolate chip cookies are pretty spectacular. The oatmeal raisin aren't bad either - great texture, but a tiny bit too much cinnamon for my taste. I have the ginger snaps at home as well but haven't tried them yet. Wegman's are also selling lemon sugar and plain sugar varieties.

I've been meaning to ask on the Baltimore forum if anybody knows if Otterbein's are commercial-only, or if there's a storefront somewhere? If there is, it's likely worth a visit.

Wegman's has been carrying these for about a month now, and yeah, the chocolate chip cookies are pretty spectacular. The oatmeal raisin aren't bad either - great texture, but a tiny bit too much cinnamon for my taste. I have the ginger snaps at home as well but haven't tried them yet. Wegman's are also selling lemon sugar and plain sugar varieties.

I've been meaning to ask on the Baltimore forum if anybody knows if Otterbein's are commercial-only, or if there's a storefront somewhere? If there is, it's likely worth a visit.

It looks like you can pick some up from the front, but it's not really a store? http://www.yelp.com/biz/otterbeins-bakery-gwynn-oak The lemon sugar is supposed to be a big favorite.