Cities, 19th & K Streets at Farragut West - Lounge with Lots of Liquor by the Owners of Teatro Goldoni - Closed

I saw the application for a liquor license across from the newly opened Elephant and Castle on 19th Street (b/w I and K St) for a new restaurant called Cities. They are supposed to have sidewalk seating and a garden. I wonder if this is the place from the owners of Teatro, or a reincarnation of the spot that used to be in Adams Morgan. Anyone know anything about this? I am excited for the edition to my neighborhood!

That quite a worldly menu! I can't wait to go and "Enjoy the latest ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing..."

In defense of the menu, remember that the old Cities had a different "city" every few months. One month it might be Beijing, the next, Madrid, and the menu changed accordingly. This tough-to-read .pdf implies that the concept has been resurrected.

I'm not defending the culinary possibilities of a 7,000-square-foot audio-visual lounge with the largest patio in DC; merely saying that this might just be the first iteration of an ever-changing menu.

Cheers,

Rocks

When you click on "private parties" and then click on the small photo of what appears to be the dining room this comes up: http://www.citieswashington.com/sites/default/files/cities_sales_kit.pdf

Joe, you just do not understand the next great thing in fine dining, gone is molecular gastronomy now it a new hit from Japan, electronic gastronomy, but if you want Miso make certain to set the pin of the X1 to 4, or else you may end up with GND or Geoduck Nut Dango which is rather disgusting.

Don, any establishment that seeks to fill 7000 square feet with walking and grunting Massengill products should expect more from its PR people than producing a website like this.

Joe, you just do not understand the next great thing in fine dining, gone is molecular gastronomy now it a new hit from Japan, electronic gastronomy, but if you want Miso make certain to set the pin of the X1 to 4, or else you may end up with GND or Geoduck Nut Dango which is rather disgusting.

I was recently reading an article on at-home SMD (Southern Maryland Diner) reflow techniques, but sticking a finger down one's throat seems just as simple.

In defense of the menu, remember that the old Cities had a different "city" every few months. One month it might be Beijing, the next, Madrid, and the menu changed accordingly. This tough-to-read .pdf implies that the concept has been resurrected.

I'm not defending the culinary possibilities of a 7,000-square-foot audio-visual lounge with the largest patio in DC; merely saying that this might just be the first iteration of an ever-changing menu.

Cheers,

Rocks

Or not.

Or not.

Definitely NOT

Fast cash, booze and fast women appears to be the predominant concept for this place

It is unfortunate as when the owners pitched me the idea for it, some 4 years ago it was all about good authentic Italian food.

That is what got me very excited at the time

Do they even cook food there now?

I set foot in Cities once only and walked out after 6 minutes wait to be seated

It's too bad as it is a nice space in a great location