Bistro Bistro, North Dupont Circle - NOW OPEN!

This opened a few weeks ago. Has anyone been there yet?

I haven't tried it and, based on the experience of one of my friends, I doubt I will. After she told me about her awful meal, I looked for reviews online and only came up with yelp (I know, I know). So. I sent her this link and asked if she agreed or disagreed with what was written. She agreed with the negative reviews and not the more positive ones and said she wished she had gone to Bistrot du Coin instead.

This is worth reading for the last line alone.

:rolleyes: Seems to me (and I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV) that if this place is soooo bad, their infringement on the "Bistro Bistro" moniker would be actionable by the owners of the Shirlington establishment, if there is indeed no connection in the ownership of the two places. BTW, there used to be a second Bistro Bistro in Ballston in the space now (thankfully) occuppied by Willow. But I digress....

:rolleyes: Seems to me (and I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV) that if this place is soooo bad, their infringement on the "Bistro Bistro" moniker would be actionable by the owners of the Shirlington establishment, if there is indeed no connection in the ownership of the two places. BTW, there used to be a second Bistro Bistro in Ballston in the space now (thankfully) occuppied by Willow. But I digress....

There once was one in Reston too. Wasn't bad.

:rolleyes: Seems to me (and I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV) that if this place is soooo bad, their infringement on the "Bistro Bistro" moniker would be actionable by the owners of the Shirlington establishment, if there is indeed no connection in the ownership of the two places.

It looks like the Shirlington Bistro Bistro filed a trademark on the name, but that it was subsequently cancelled in 2004 because the owner failed to file the necessary declaration that the mark was still in use.

Man, I hate to pick on a place, but ...

Typos and misspellings happen to everyone, but they really shouldn't happen on restaurants' websites.

Here is the selection du jour from Bistro Bistro's website:

By all means, start off with a bottle of that great "Champagne," "Gordon Negro Brut."

Then peruse the dinner menu, where their "head chef a painstakingly selected the best dishes, the freshest ingredients, and ensure great presentation. Daily!"

And you'll need to drink that Gordon Negro quickly, because the "Plat d'Huitre" apparently comes with only one oyster.

There's more, but I'll stop here and ask again: Why can't restaurants pay a friend $20 to proofread their menus?

Why can't restaurants pay a friend $20 to proofread their menus?

Twenty bucks? Hell, I'd do it for free in the pursuit of a more grammatically perfect union. Few things annoy me more than typos (except today, when my prime peeve is people who open the windows on a bus when the air conditioning is working JUST FINE THANKYOUVERYMUCH).