Gooseberries

Does anyone know where I can find gooseberries in the area? Willing to drive out a ways to get them if I have to.

They've been in season for nearly a month. Not sure if they still are available, but they've been sold at farmers markets by Black Rock Orchard (which will be at Penn Quarter on Thursday) and Quaker Valley, though I don't recall if the latter had any on Sunday. Any other market mavens out there have more suggestions?

Whatcha planning to do with them should they still be around?

They've been in season for nearly a month. Not sure if they still are available, but they've been sold at farmers markets by Black Rock Orchard (which will be at Penn Quarter on Thursday) and Quaker Valley, though I don't recall if the latter had any on Sunday. Any other market mavens out there have more suggestions?

Whatcha planning to do with them should they still be around?

Old Town had them last Sat.

Does anyone know where I can find gooseberries in the area? Willing to drive out a ways to get them if I have to.

Thanks for posting this inquiry. Love, love, love gooseberries and am also watching the replies intently.

I may be a fool for asking, but why?

Do you gooseberry-lovers just sprinkle them on things or are there dishes, preserves or special preps you'd care to share?

amazing sorbetto and gelato ingredients. Superb as part of a bowl of berries with the ripening mates currents of all colors. We use a cream Inglese & old balsamico on them to balance the tartness. They would be wonderfulas preserves but I have never made them.

I know that Quaker Valley had them 2 Sundays ago, with a great burst of flavor. This was at the Dupont market, of course.