Menu Help in Mexico

nashman1975

All

I am helping pull together some menu ideas for 10 people that are going to Cozumel and staying in a condo. We have 3 nights of dinners and I am trying to come up with some ideas. The only restrictions are no beef (expensive), so anything fish/chicken/shellfish is good. Not sure of veggie/fruits down there but want to have some. I'm used to cooking for groups up here with my own toys and recipes, but I need some help as I am traveling and I won't have a ton of spices. Basically, I need help on simple menus that feed a lot but is reasonably good and takes advantage of local ingredients. Thoughts?

As an FYI...I've been thinking black beans/rice, homemade guac/salsa, pasta with shrimp, chix tortilla soup, soft tacos, roasted veggies. Anything to add would be great.

Thanks

Nashman

All

I am helping pull together some menu ideas for 10 people that are going to Cozumel and staying in a condo. We have 3 nights of dinners and I am trying to come up with some ideas. The only restrictions are no beef (expensive), so anything fish/chicken/shellfish is good. Not sure of veggie/fruits down there but want to have some. I'm used to cooking for groups up here with my own toys and recipes, but I need some help as I am traveling and I won't have a ton of spices. Basically, I need help on simple menus that feed a lot but is reasonably good and takes advantage of local ingredients. Thoughts?

As an FYI...I've been thinking black beans/rice, homemade guac/salsa, pasta with shrimp, chix tortilla soup, soft tacos, roasted veggies. Anything to add would be great.

Thanks

Nashman

For a simple yet freshly flavored fish dish, I made this the other night for a crowd:

Baked Cod with Heirloom Tomato and Basil (farm share)

Assuming you have an oven, and assuming the tomatoes and veggies were grown with potable water, this would be a light lift option for ya. Replace the basil with whatever other herbs are looking fantastic down there, Mexican oregano, etc.