Tenderizing Already Cooked Meat

Anna Phor

How do I tenderize already cooked meat? Spouse Phor picked up a chunk of london broil buffalo, and cooked it according to the wisdom of The Joy of Cooking. Results were not great. I was planning to use the leftovers for tacos later in the week. Anything I could marinade this in for a day or so that would take out some of the toughness?

How do I tenderize already cooked meat? Spouse Phor picked up a chunk of london broil buffalo, and cooked it according to the wisdom of The Joy of Cooking. Results were not great. I was planning to use the leftovers for tacos later in the week. Anything I could marinade this in for a day or so that would take out some of the toughness?
Mince it in your food processor, then heat in a skillet and add some chopped tomato, some scallion, cilantro and cumin. It'll make great taco filling.

In addition to the taco filling idea, follow the same mincing process, skillet-it-up with onion, sage, and perhaps some thyme, and use it in a shepherd's pie. The smooth potatoes will further complement the palate feel.