Du Froyo, North Dupont Circle - Closed

I'm guessing that it's some abbreviation abomination. You know, like all the cool people say when them come into the city from the 'burbs: "We're leaving from my friend's place in NoMa, getting dinner in CoHi then drinks in AdMo. After that we might go clubbing in the Du' ". :angry:

Not really digging (or understanding) the name, though.

I'm guessing that it's some abbreviation abomination. You know, like all the cool people say when them come into the city from the 'burbs: "We're leaving from my friend's place in NoMa, getting dinner in CoHi then drinks in AdMo. After that we might go clubbing in the Du' ". :angry:

My guess is that the first word is French, and that (as ridiculous as it sounds in English) the translation is "of (or pertaining to) FroYo," just like "Bistrot du Coin" means roughly "Bistro of the Corner," or more succinctly, Corner Bistro. When I think of "Du Froyo" in French, it sounds perfectly normal to me.

Cheers,

Rocks.

My guess is that the first word is French

(Ha -- that was exactly how I read it at first, and hadn't even considered the abbreviation aspect. Which I kind of hope isn't real, and yet, I'm mildly curious if both were meant, and if so, which came first...)