DeJaBel Cafe, Coffee House in Wheaton - Closed

Mention from Tim Carman almost a year ago here

Reposted from a neighborhood listserv:

Subject: DeJaBel cafe in Wheaton

I had a good cup of Mayorga coffee at DeJaBel Cafe yesterday.

http://dejabelcafe.com/

The coffee cup was generous. The menu has a few sandwiches but they will custom make any sandwhich or salad from the ingredients they have on hand. The owner is very personable. He will also have live music, "Movie Mondays," and other events. The block he is on hasn't sold well, and storefronts are vacant, so he needs some traffic. Please consider stopping by near the site of the Anchor Inn, across from IHOP at near Georgia Ave and University Boulevard.

I've not been able to try this place as it is always closed when I'm nearby, but want to encourage the local businesses to do well so Wheaton does not end up with a bunch of chains.. Located next to EPR.

Mention from Tim Carman almost a year ago here

Reposted from a neighborhood listserv:

I've not been able to try this place as it is always closed when I'm nearby, but want to encourage the local businesses to do well so Wheaton does not end up with a bunch of chains.. Located next to EPR.

I just happened to have coffee there this afternoon. I thought it was good coffee--music was too loud but I've gotten to an age where I think the music is too loud almost everywhere.

Didn't try any of the food...

Unfortunately closed.

According to the Gazette, it was a dispute wih the samelandlords that Janey Yu has issues iwth on HE#1 and many other smll businesses are failing with. Of course he IS bringing in another 7-11 exactly .7 miles apart fromt he one on Amherst. Can't have enough of those big bites and big gulps!!