Home Farm, Middleburg

Chris W

The Home Market is by far my favorite food store in the area. I was out in uppervile for a bike ride yesterday and enjoyed wandering around the market for a while on my way back trying to come up with a dinner menu. I do this about every other weekend (I'd be broke if it was every weekend) Their beef is as good if not better than Snake River or any other high end ranch. I ended up with two NY Strip steaks, some organic blue and white fingerlings and a bunch of organic Kale. The people are sooo friendly and I just ended up talking with a few of them for a while after I paid. Definetly worth the trip.

Out in the Village and you didn't stop by?

Home Market sells organic beef from Ayrshire Farm out in Upperville (www.ayrshirefarm.com), owned by Sandy Lerner who also owns the Hunter's Head Tavern in Upperville. You can also get an old fashioned milk shake upstairs at Home Market. Yum. Worth the stop.

Next time. I was out bike riding on the delplane grade rd and others when i decided that there would be nothing better than a ayeshire NY Strip, some organic fingerlings and some organic kale for dinner. the Home Farm just so happened to have it all!!! :lol:

Home Market sells organic beef from Ayrshire Farm out in Upperville (www.ayrshirefarm.com), owned by Sandy Lerner who also owns the Hunter's Head Tavern in Upperville.

The store is actually called Home Farm (and it is pricey) - the Sweet Italian sausages were really good, and the Scotch Eggs passed muster with my Englishman.

You can enjoy the once (or twice)-a-year opportunity to visit Ayrshire Farm this weekend (Fri-Sat Nov 4-6) during the Beastie Bazaar.

With the beautiful weather forecast, it'll be a great time to get out and enjoy the countryside. You can also meet some of those rare breeds that wind up on the table at the Hunter's Head Tavern or in the cases at Home Market. Admission is just a donation of pet food or other items that go to animal welfare groups.

Last year they were sampling the organic turkeys and boy were they tasty! I'm planning to head out on Saturday myself - it's definitely worth the trip :lol:

We picked up some of the various Gloucester Old Spot pork products from Home Farm in Middleburg on Saturday - a boneless pork roast, some maple breakfast sausage, pork Irish sausages, sausage rolls, and Scotch eggs. All were excellent. Our only quibble was that the sausage they used for the sausage rolls and the Scotch egg needed a little higher fat content - they weren't quite up to the expected grease level, but they did taste awfully good despite that. The pork roast was a thing of beauty - wonderfully moist, and had great flavor without having much done to it.

They also had plenty of nice looking beef, lamb (including lamb's kidneys), and veal, along with Trickling Springs Creamery milk. All the meat is certified organic and certified humanely raised. If you're out that way, it's definitely worth bringing a cooler and stopping by.

I totaly dig the Home Farm. One of my favorite places to shop. When I was there a couple weeks ago you could tell they had just slaughtered some spring lambs because you could get just about anything lamb based you wanted. I got some lamb skirt steaks grilled them sliced them thin and made some flaffel with them....awesome.