Aladdin's Eatery, An Ohio-Based Lebanese Franchise in Burke Village Center, Burke Road in Burke

Well the space of death in the Nature Conservancy building has claimed another victim. The shop is dark and the location is off their website. I am not really that sad though because well nothing really good ever goes in there. I did like the lentil soup at Aladdin's, but not much else, some of the platters were ok. But it was convenient and roomy for lunch. I am not sure if the other location has closed, I assume they are still open as they haven't been taken off the master website. Could something good please go in there next?

The food here is uninspired, but it's not bad. If you're in the area and you have to have basic Lebanese, you can do worse. It's not a destination place, as in, I gotta have Lebanese tonight so let's go to Aladdin's. Maybe it should die off so we can concentrate on the really good ones, like Mediterranean Gourmet Market in Franconia and Layalina in Ballston.....

We like Alladin's because it has a lot of vegetarian options, and you can get a healthy, low-fat restaurant meal quickly. It's a good, predictable lunch restaurant, and there are times when that's exactly what we want. We have also always had excellent service at the one in Shirlington.

We like Alladin's because it has a lot of vegetarian options, and you can get a healthy, low-fat restaurant meal quickly. It's a good, predictable lunch restaurant, and there are times when that's exactly what we want. We have also always had excellent service at the one in Shirlington.

I echo that sentiment. I also enjoy the mint tea and the freshly squeezed carrot, melon, celery, and other juices. It's also easy to eat "raw" there with the diversity of salads. Soups are always nourishing and healthful (V-9 is a favorite), but unfortunately of inconsistent quality. Overall, a boon for healthy, fresh, inexpensive eating if you are already near Shirlington.

What throws me off every time, though, is their dessert selection. Bizarrely heavy, white flour cakes showcased like a flashing, blood-sugar spiking marquee in front of the kitchen. Seems incongruous with either the healthy eating or Lebanese theme. I wonder what the history is behind their showcasing those desserts so prominently.