Union Street Public House, Old Town Alexandria - Chef Ricardo Planas Replaces Jeremy Waybright

I would like to introduce Union Street Public House in Alexandria, Va. We can be reached on our website or by phone, 703-548-1785.

Union Street is an institution in Historic Old Town, Alexandria Virginia, Union Street Public House. We opened in a renovated Colonial warehouse in 1986 and we have served locals and visitors with the finest in fresh seafood and prime steaks and chops ever since.

With fresh oysters, 11 beers on tap, more available by the bottle, and a varied wine list, Union Street will not disappoint.

If you are looking for lunch at the bar, seating for a party for 12, or the right space for a large banquet or reception, Union Street is the answer, and has been for over 20 years.

We have some special events coming up, so please check out our website for more information.

I am still learning to navigate the system, so please don't hesitate to advise on the correct way to post.

Thanks for the notes, all. It turns out we're going to meet at Ruby Tuesday's in Warrenton. Oh, joy! He's coming up from Fredricksburg and I'm coming from Vienna. I guess Warrenton is a pretty good idea so that we both miss most of the traffic for the day. I managed to avoid a Ruby Tuesday's for over 15 years, but I can't avoid this one.

Had some fish and chips the other week with a colleague after we won a big court case. Was nicely fried with good batter. I liked the curry sauce that came with, although I am an unabashed lover of vinegar and ketchup. They have big chips and make sure they are fairly well done so there is no sogginess, which I like with big chips. And the bartender was very nice and gave me way too many diet coke refills for my own good.

I like the flavor of this thread, cracks me up. Like Kibbee Nayee I was there many years ago...probably first time was a day or two after Phyllis Richman reviewed it for the Wash Post maybe in its first year of operations and gave it a killer positive review.

Hey it was great.

I've been there quite a few times over the years. Yeah...I'd say its gone downhill from when it first opened. Its still pretty, IMHO.

It's a shame, isn't it? when a restaurant that has an awesome location doesn't live up to its potential. I've driven past but never eaten here, the menu doesn't look great & I've never heard positive reviews. I think the same thing when I drive past Cedar Knoll Inn, on the GW pkwy, close to where I live-it's a great setting, beautiful patio overlooking the Potomac, but the reports of the food are so dire, I wouldn't want to chance it.

Please, Cathal Armstrong, if you ever read this ( I know you live around here somewhere), buy this place (I'm talking about the Cedar Knoll Inn), put in a good chef & menu, & give me a good place to eat...pickings are kind of slim around here...