Twisted Vines Wine Bar and Bottleshop, Owner Tony Wagner Takes Over from Sybil and Josh Robinson on Columbia Pike in South Arlington

The menu looks boring, but if the wine list is decent, I can live with boring food, but it would be nice if their website had a little more information on the 20 wines served by the glass.

Looks a little 'tria-esque' in their style. Boy, what I would do to be sitting at the bar in philly, right off rittenhouse sqaure, just sipping the day away. oh Tria, i will see you very soon.

I live in the neighborhood and was so excited when Twisted Vines finally opened. My husband and I went one of the first nights they were open. Service was super shaky and weird overall, which made it hard for us to relax, but is to be expected right after opening I suppose. I REALLY wanted to love it, would have been happy if I liked it. The wine was fine, nothing amazing or very interesting. We each had a flight, split a 3 cheese plate and an order of the ground beef skewers. We thought the food was very overpriced and blah. I think our tab came to around $65. We were still hungry, but didn't want to drop a lot more cash, so decided to move on.

The space is very cute. I like the feel of the place. Although when we were there, there wasn't any music, which seemed odd.

So we weren't impressed. Given how close it is to my house, I will go again, just to give it a fair chance. I'd like to see if things have evened out now that they have been open for a while.

I like this little place. Great reds by the glass. Very informative wait staff. Food is decent, but I was there for the wine not the food. We split a goat cheese flat bread and the bruchetta. Way too much vinegar or something in the bruchetta but the flat bread thing was good. I would order that again. The daily special charcuterie was also tasty and just the right size for two. I really enjoyed the tempranillo and the shiraz. Shiraz was layer cake, can't remember the tempranillo.

One note - with hardwood floors and a tin ceiling that place is crazy loud when it is full. We were basically shouting across our two-top at each other.

All in all a great addition to the Pike. We've got the ethnic restaurants more than covered over here, but this place helps to fill a great big gaping hole in an area that is starving for places to relax, hang out and have a decent meal/drink. (nudge, nudge to aspiring restauranteurs - people either are completely missing or greatly underestimating what the demand is like on this end of the Pike).

I've been stopping by Twisted Vines every couple of weeks since it opened. I like what it has become - a great dining and drinking option along the Columbia Pike corridor with an authentic neighborhood hangout vibe. It has a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere that encourages conversations among friends over a few glasses of good wine and food.

I was just sent an Email announcing that they are expanding their hours - offering Counter Culture coffee and breakfast pastries in the morning starting at 6am, and introducing a new lunch menu that includes fresh salads and hot sandwiches during the week.

To celebrate the expanded hours of operation, they will serve free coffee and 1/2 price Espresso tomorrow from 6 to 11 am, and offer 1/2 priced Hot sandwiches from 11 - 3 pm. I might have to take them up on that offer!

TSchaad

New ownership. Jason, the wine director, is knowledgeable and engaging.  He really has a lot to offer.  Menu mostly the same but they have several more entrees to choose from than before.  I did not have it, but the ahi tuna got quite good reviews from my dining companions.

The big change, though, is the whiskey.  They now have about 30 to choose from and are touting as a wine and whikey bar.  No other liquor, just the good stuff.  And also a few beers on tap - I don't remember what they were though.  Between the shelf here and the list at Marble & Rye up the street, you can drink yourself from Scotland to Kentucky and back 50 times over.