Lu and Joe's, Ridge Road in Mount Airy

And Rte 27 headed north from Damascus is a kind of "roadfood" highlight. Lu and Joe's on 27 recently changed hands but retains the decent fare.

Really? How recently? I'd assumed that it was another biker hangout kind place, but was told a few weeks back that I really ought to stop in and check out their Thai food.

Really? How recently? I'd assumed that it was another biker hangout kind place, but was told a few weeks back that I really ought to stop in and check out their Thai food.

Recently as in "Damascus restaurant recently", which is to say not at all, maybe years ago. Probably should have said "at some point" when referring to the point at which they changed owners, as I understand it, and added Thai to the burger/biker menu. Don't know when that was and I'm going on the comments of my neighbors, which is to say it isn't very reliable at all.

But don't let a shaky start to this thread lessen the review of the place, much the same way it isn't fair to judge the food by the harleys, food donation bins and neon signs outside.