Going to Cardiff for a few days. Any recommendations?

If you're near Cardiff Castle close to lunch, Madame Fromage is a great place for lunch. Could be good for dinner as well, but didn't seem like the kind of place. I had a really good lamb cawl (basically the Welsh version of a stew) with some white cheddar. Probably not worth going out of the way for, but possibly worth rearranging a schedule to be near the Castle at lunch time.

For dinner I went to Moksh, kind of a upscale Indian place. Didn't wow me all that much but it wasn't bad and looked to be the best option at Cardiff Bay unless I missed something (though there's a dumpling place that did look interesting as well).

Don't have too much more advice. I was only there for a couple days and part of that was in Caerphilly and at least one meal was completely nonmemorable.

Definitely get lamb while there, the Welsh cuisine does focus quite heavily on lamb. Welsh cakes are something else that should probably be tried (and really can't be found elsewhere that I've seen).

Got back from a stop in Cardiff and was rather impressed with the food we had there.

One evening we dined at Mint and Mustardan Indian restaurant near Cardiff's hospital. Supposedly it is one of the UK's top Indian restaurants. The meal was fabulous. For sake of a DC comparison, it was Rasika-level (or possibly better). We had a tasting menu and got to try a number of items. Particularly enjoyable was their sea bass preparation served on curried potatoes with mangos and a curry sauce. It was absolutely delicious.

We also dined one night at Woods Brasserie in the Cardiff Bay complex. The food was welsh with french influences. Of note was the mussels appetizer in a rich paprika broth. The mussels were absolutely tender, sweet and delicious. No grit. The broth was rich and delicious with a strong paprika flavor. Among the best mussels and broth i've ever had and far better than any mussels in DC.

Overall, great trip to Cardiff. If you are ever nearby or want a random side-trip if visting London, I would recommend a visit.

One evening we dined at Mint and Mustardan Indian restaurant near Cardiff's hospital. Supposedly it is one of the UK's top Indian restaurants. The meal was fabulous. For sake of a DC comparison, it was Rasika-level (or possibly better). We had a tasting menu and got to try a number of items. Particularly enjoyable was their sea bass preparation served on curried potatoes with mangos and a curry sauce. It was absolutely delicious.

I'm happy to report that Mint and Mustard is still going strong. NQD and I had an outstanding meal there a week or so ago. For us, it was definitely a step above Rasika. Thanks, Adam23. We never would have found it without your post.

For the rest of our short trip we stuck to pubs and a burger joint, nothing specific worth mentioning, but pretty good for what it was. The local beer, Brains, is excellent, particularly the stout.