Hot Potato Cafe, 7th and E Streets in Penn Quarter - Closed

I enjoy this little lunchspot during the times I'm in the PQ, and am a bit sad that it isn't open for dinner. Colleagues invariably ask for the Spinach and Artichoke MIx when I offer to bring back lunch. I usually opt for the Carribean Chicken or the Vegetarian potato.

The roasted potato itself is a simple yet effective base. I wish I could provide the precise species of this spud, but just know it has a thin skin and a flaky flesh. From there, there are probably 25 toppings that are available, plus five or so hot sauces. I can't comment on the salads or sandwiches that they offer, nor have I ever tried their beef patties on the Specials board. Brownies are sold by the ounce (a great idea), and their selection of bottled beverages are broad.

The cafe is tiny, and probably only seats about 10, but I kinda like it. Anyone else been?

I enjoy this little lunchspot during the times I'm in the PQ, and am a bit sad that it isn't open for dinner. Colleagues invariably ask for the Spinach and Artichoke MIx when I offer to bring back lunch. I usually opt for the Carribean Chicken or the Vegetarian potato.

The roasted potato itself is a simple yet effective base. I wish I could provide the precise species of this spud, but just know it has a thin skin and a flaky flesh. From there, there are probably 25 toppings that are available, plus five or so hot sauces. I can't comment on the salads or sandwiches that they offer, nor have I ever tried their beef patties on the Specials board. Brownies are sold by the ounce (a great idea), and their selection of bottled beverages are broad.

The cafe is tiny, and probably only seats about 10, but I kinda like it. Anyone else been?

I haven't been but it close to where I'm working so you have given me a new place to try.

I used to eat at the one in Annapolis all the time. It was a frequent order place for legislative services of the MD general assembly. I highly recommend the cuban style potato or the broccoli and blue. They also have very good iced tea and cookies. They gave us free cookies a lot (we did a lot of business there). I wish I worked close to one again, it was one of my favorite lunch places in Annapolis, especially when we were guaranteed to work late. I just can't figure out how to roast a potato to make it taste as good as they do.

Can someone refresh my memory as to the history of the names "Hot Potato Cafe" and "Potato Valley Cafe?" I vaguely remember Potato Valley Cafe was in Annapolis, and that the name was changed when this (franchise? location?) was sold. Does anyone remember when it was sold?