í†bleskiver

ol_ironstomach

Æbleskiver (to be dipped in chestnut honey and/or quince jelly)

Æbleskiver! Were these filled? I've always thought the fully spherical ones were pretty slick, but the demo videos are always of empty ones, and it's unclear to me how you're supposed to be able to add a filling and keep the shape.

Might be time to pick up a pan. We had a dessert recently at Sabai Sabai Thai: kanom krok, a sort of coconut and sticky rice flour pudding whose edge was seared into a cup shape at the table, in hot cast iron which I thought looked suspiciously like an Æbleskiver pan.

ETA: Oh hey, apparently it IS the same type of pan.

Nearly one week later ... I think I've recovered, but I'm definitely done with straight-up turkey for another year. We had eight people for Thanksgiving dinner, and another nine joined us for dessert--which was good because it's possible I went a bit overboard, lol. For dinner we had roast turkey, Mom's special stuffing (with fresh cranberries and apples, pecans and other good things), mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted butternut squash, green beans, and cranberry-orange sauce. For dessert, I made a pumpkin chiffon pie (it's tradition in our house), cheddar-apple pie, carrot cake, and a salted caramel banana pudding tart. The tart was a new recipe for me, but it turned out great --salty, sweet, crunchy, smooth -- yum.

I have one of these pans. Sometimes I put a little batter in, dollop of filling, and then a little more batter. It's a fun pan and I'm getting faster at cooking these but it's not something I'd want to do for a crowd, just too time consuming.

I bought a pan from WS last Sunday-one day sale in store and online. Half price at $19.99 or so. I wanted to alert the board and share the deal, but the site was down :) I'm going to start with raspberry jam filled aebleskivers.

Anyone know how long I can hold them in the refrigerator prior to reheating?

Someone just gave me a WS pan she found brand new at a yard sale. It came with a cannister of ebelskiver mix and the turning tools. I had never contemplated making these before, so any suggestions are welcome. The Tim Carman article at least gives me a starting point.