Old Dominion Brewhouse, University Town Center on Route 1 in Hyattsville, Also at Dulles Airport

Likewise just about anything store-bought from Old Dominion these days, which has gone so far downhill that you have to look upward with a telescope to see the bottom of the bathyscaphe.  Old Dominion beer is center-of-the-earth bad:  it has gone to Hell and it didn't even bother taking the handbasket.

Does that go for their root beer as well? I used to look forward to a decent draft root beer when visiting Hard Times, which carries Old Dominion.

Does that go for their root beer as well? I used to look forward to a decent draft root beer when visiting Hard Times, which carries Old Dominion.

I'm not a fan of the root beer - too bitter and harsh. The only thing I've had of theirs that I like is the ginger ale.

Likewise just about anything store-bought from Old Dominion these days, which has gone so far downhill that you have to look upward with a telescope to see the bottom of the bathyscaphe.  Old Dominion beer is center-of-the-earth bad:  it has gone to Hell and it didn't even bother taking the handbasket.

They do still brew Tupper's Hop Pocket, which decidedly does NOT suck.
However, I agree about all the beers for which they created the recipe.

In a city that really lacks good sports bars, at least it's a great place to watch a game - 20 flat screen tvs. And I'm just happy to have a bar in my neighborhood and a way to get more people and hopefully more development into this strip of boarded up buildings. The chicken wings aren't bad either.

Does this mean that I'll be able to get Bud Light there now?!?
Oh Boy!!!!!!

Joke though you may, the sale is purported to be 49% to A-B, and 51% to another brewery. I've heard rumors that they will be renaming it "Coastal Brewing" (Ashburn being the beachside paradise that it is), although this WP article has some slightly different details (I've heard the Ram's Head thing is incorrect, however). Bob Tupper has said that if they can't continue to have Hop Pocket brewed at OD, they'll just move it elsewhere. More speculation would be fun, but rumors about the sale of OD are a dime a dozen. It'll be interesting to see how this all settles out.

I believe the "Old Dominion Brewhouses" are co-branding arrangements rather than wholly-run ODBC operations.

You would be correct, sir. This is very similar to the Dogfish Head Alehouses. The people that run the ODBC tied houses also run the one in Dulles.

"ODB Beer Tower - Invite a friend, sit down, relax and enjoy 133 ounces of your favorite Old Dominion Draft. (Minimum of two people per order) "

Too bad you can't get Millenium poured into that.... rolleyes.gif

I believe the "Old Dominion Brewhouses" are co-branding arrangements rather than wholly-run ODBC operations.

You would be correct, sir. This is very similar to the Dogfish Head Alehouses. The people that run the ODBC tied houses also run the one in Dulles.

The Old Dominion Brewhouse at Mount Vernon Square closed, and the only one I'm aware of (other than the one in Dulles Airport), is in Hyattsville. (I have it listed in the Maryland Dining Guide rather than Multiple Locations because airport locations don't really count - but it *is* there if you enjoy their beer). (Thanks, KL)