Want to Back a Pizzeria on 14th St.?

pizza man

Hi,

Not sure if this is appropriate, but I am throwing it out there anyway...

I have a rather single-minded vision of a pizzeria opening on 14th st, had it for years..

an opportunity has presented itself, and I am reaching out to any aspiring or active restaurateurs to contact me if this sounds interesting.

Thanks,

-Edan

This baby is on the cheap, Don.

Wanna meet for coffee? :mellow:

I think you're going to need to post one more level of detail here (without showing all your cards) for you to get a nibble from investors. It's not like you have any competition in this area (Enzo aside?), so you don't have to worry about someone stealing your idea. It's *you* people would be investing in; not the "concept." (Be prepared to sign your life away and take a performance-based, profit-sharing deal.)

I think you're going to need to post one more level of detail here (without showing all your cards) for you to get a nibble from investors. It's not like you have any competition in this area (Enzo aside?), so you don't have to worry about someone stealing your idea. It's *you* people would be investing in; not the "concept." (Be prepared to sign your life away and take a performance-based, profit-sharing deal.)

+1

I can't believe that people aren't jumping all over this. This is essentially Picasso asking for someone to help him buy paint. I'm sure whatever concept that pizza man's had floating around for years is just about a guaranteed success.

While such a venture may indeed be a success, "just about guaranteed" seems over-optimistic, given the depressed economy that we find ourselves in and that seems unlikely to improve much any time soon. I of course wish pizza man all the luck in the world.

IF I had the money, and IF I could afford to lose it and IF I lived near 14th street I'd be signing on the dotted line. I agree with Don that investors will be investing in the pizzaiolo, not the restaurant per se. IF I win the lottery, will you move your concept to Vienna? :mellow:

I agree with Don that investors will be investing in the pizzaiolo

Pizza is the pizzaiolo. I can think of few food-related items where the skill and craft of the artisan is as directly reflected in the finished product. Neapolitan especially.

I think a great name for the place would be "Arte Factum." It's where we get the word artifact. It means, "Something made with skill."

IF I had the money, and IF I could afford to lose it and IF I lived near 14th street I'd be signing on the dotted line. I agree with Don that investors will be investing in the pizzaiolo, not the restaurant per se. IF I win the lottery, will you move your concept to Vienna? :mellow:

Ditto this, except move it to Annandale! We have a lot of great Korean, and a lot of fast food, but nothing approaching a good pizzeria, let alone a great one.

Hi,

Not sure if this is appropriate, but I am throwing it out there anyway...

I have a rather single-minded vision of a pizzeria opening on 14th st, had it for years..

an opportunity has presented itself, and I am reaching out to any aspiring or active restaurateurs to contact me if this sounds interesting.

Thanks,

-Edan

Kickstarter

Suburbs are entirely out of the question. DC,(or Bar Harbor) or bust, baby.

Adam, how much do I owe you for the plug :mellow: ?

Kickstarter bears looking into, thank you.

Names can easily be inscribed on the oven, at a minor expense of course.

Don, I want to open a Chef driven pizza restaurant, on 14th street, on the cheap, and think about how to grow from there, (growth is built into the space, and hopefully lease) I want to open Quickly

I've been down the slow road.

More details coming..

Thank you to everyone that showed interest in a 14th st artisan pizzeria. The opportunity has passed, perhaps there is another soon.

The Bar Harbor comment still stands.

Cheers,

This is a really, really bad era for the restaurant world. Taken in combination with your post, this correct analysis and this vacant position serve as sobering reminders that mercenaries (both employer and employee) are looking for shortcut paths out of this recession - they're looking for quick and easy fame and fortune, and have lost touch with long-term reality.