The State Theatre, Downtown Falls Church - Home to Legendary, Uber-Classic Rock Bands

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

We’ve had a number of experiences that have been a little funky (small retail too). I think, as long as they can communicate there is a delay and be nice about it, everyone is prepared to grant the necessary slack. It’s when the communication breaks down that it becomes not ok and very stressful, especially in a small space.

BTW, the mixed drinks to-go at The State Theatre in Falls Church are really good, well-packaged, and very reasonable!  Not how I thought I’d be supporting local music but we are where we are.

• Like 1

The Applebee’s is closed, and redevelopment will be starting before too long.  FWIW there is free parking on weekends/evenings in the Kaiser lot, and the City has agreed to preserve some additional parking during construction for the State/Thompson’s/Clare and Dons.

Also, The State is open now for dinner/outdoor free music several nights a week. The set-up is well done and it’s a nice place to find yourself. 

22 hours ago, stevem said:

The Applebee’s is closed, and redevelopment will be starting before too long.  FWIW there is free parking on weekends/evenings in the Kaiser lot, and the City has agreed to preserve some additional parking during construction for the State/Thompson’s/Clare and Dons.

Also, The State is open now for dinner/outdoor free music several nights a week. The set-up is well done and it’s a nice place to find yourself. 

Damn -- I'm so old that I used to hang out at Mountain Jack's (the predecessor to Applebees). 

• Like 1