China Jade Bistro, Cabin John Mall in Potomac in the old Jade Billows Space

Wow, american chinese menu right out of the 1970s.

Don, I thought you had implied there was some known ownership involved with the reopening? I think they may have even dumbed down the menu from the previous occupants!

No, the only thing I knew was that it was someone who had previous restaurant experience; I didn't mean to imply it was going to be a major name (although I can see how someone might have inferred that since I often hint at things).

Complete renovation of the interior - new floors, ceiling, paint, and furniture.

Same, tired American Chinese menu, though they added a few "Thai" and "Japanese" dishes.

Only way this place stands out from other American Chinese places is the Potomac prices - "Szechuan Beef" and a bowl of hot & sour soup, with tax and tip, was $16 at lunch.

Complete renovation of the interior - new floors, ceiling, paint, and furniture.

Same, tired American Chinese menu, though they added a few "Thai" and "Japanese" dishes.

Only way this place stands out from other American Chinese places is the Potomac prices - "Szechuan Beef" and a bowl of hot & sour soup, with tax and tip, was $16 at lunch.

Too bad....I actually liked the interior of the old place. It reminded me a bit of Wu's Garden in Vienna. Waiters in vests and all....

Too bad about the prices too....you can sell dirt in Potomac for $15 a cup.