Green Tea Ice Cream?

LittleWing

-------> help me I'm an addict <-------

I've found a great green tea gelato at Trader Joe's, but unfortunately its very far away and difficult to get to. Whole Foods has a soy green tea ice cream-like product but that's only good as a back up....

SOOOO does anyone know where to find green tea ice cream or gelato in the District, preferably in the Adams Morgan, Dupont, Logan Circle, U St, Mt Pleasant or Columbia Hgts areas? Even Gtown or Glover Park would be okay.

Thanks!

-------> help me I'm an addict <-------

I've found a great green tea gelato at Trader Joe's, but unfortunately its very far away and difficult to get to.  Whole Foods has a soy green tea ice cream-like product but that's only good as a back up....

SOOOO does anyone know where to find green tea ice cream or gelato in the District, preferably in the Adams Morgan, Dupont, Logan Circle, U St, Mt Pleasant or Columbia Hgts areas?  Even Gtown or Glover Park would be okay.

Thanks!

You might try the Chinese market in Chinatown between the China gate and Tony Cheng's. That's the only place I can think of where you might find it in the district. In Va or Md it's very easy. Super H, Grand Mart, all stock it along with durian, jackfruit, lychee, red bean and others.

I might be mistaken, but I think Nooshi's (on the to go side of the joint) has a freezer with perhaps some Green Tea and Red Bean ice cream. I know they have other Japenese staples/non-perishables. Another good bet would be good old Rodman's (cheap!!) or Dean & Deluca. For some reason I want to say Yes! Organic has it, but I'm prolly wrong.

Otherwise, Crzy, cr%(&Zy Montogomery County is the only place I can think of. If you go to Trader Joe's in Bethesda, then go a wee bit further down Wisconsin Avenue to Arlington Road and then you can get Japanese candies and sakes and a million other things at Daruma.