Stella's Bakery

smokey

I've heard good things about Stella's on the Pike near White Flint Mall, but have never been.  Can anybody confirm?

I may be the only person in Montgomery County who finds their cakes overrated. For about five years every party I went to had a cake from Stella's. Every one was lovely to behold, yet dry and unfulfilling.

If anyone's been recently and can report otherwise I'd love to hear it.

I may be the only person in Montgomery County who finds their cakes overrated.  For about five years every party I went to had a cake from Stella's.  Every one was lovely to behold, yet dry and unfulfilling.

If anyone's been recently and can report otherwise I'd love to hear it.

Is it the place in the shopping center where David's Bridal is? I've been curious about it but never stopped in.

Is it the place in the shopping center where David's Bridal is?  I've been curious about it but never stopped in.

Yep, that's it. It's in a funny location in that strip mall--actually faces the Anthropologie store on the pike.

On the topic of Bonaparte's baguettes, I've had the baguettes from their retail operation when at a friend's in Baltimore. They really are great. Haven't had anything else from there.

I really liked the amaretti cookies I got at Stella's. They're little mounds dusted with powdered sugar that are gently crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. I also had their spinach/cheese and turkey puff pastry turnovers. The spinach/cheese was good. The (ground) turkey was less exciting and had less filling than the spinach/cheese pastry. The puff pastry is very buttery.