Saturday-Night Buffet for 30-50 People

Gastro888

I'm organizing an event and was looking to host it at a restaurant that has a resonable (price and quality of food) buffet. This is for a number of reasons but mainly because I don't want to deal with the hassle of checks and RSVP - for ease of planning.

Initally, I was thinking of Korean buffet but that may pose some logistical problems.

So I pose to the DR posse, where can I find a good buffet in the DC area that's reasonably priced (20-30 dollars)? This will be on a Saturday night.

I'm open to any cuisine.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You might want to check out Caravan Grill on 18th St. near Swann St. in Dupont. They serve hearty Persian fare both buffet and a la carte for dinner. There are usually about a dozen choices, including vegetarian. There is also a nice walled rear patio dining area that's great in the summertime. It's very reasonable too.

With 30-50 people, it is possible that one of the Korean buffet places could put a few Japanese dishes or Chinese-style dishes out to help cope with the adventure-adverse.. Alternatively, careful labeling of items, ingredients, and spice levels might work. If my 5 year-old of thoroughly non-Korean descent can enjoy bulgogi and kalbi, you'd think an adult could, too.

Hee Been has been designed so that one of the dining areas can be somewhat cordoned off for larger groups.