India Curry House, Clarendon - In Da Loo.

I had noticed a banner above the Queen Bee announcing an Indian curry house. Today, Queen Bee has signs in the windows and on the door announcing that it is closed today. There is an ABC notice announcing the new owners and the name of the restaurant... India Curry House I think.

I walked by today and did indeed see the big banner right above Queen Bee announcing a new India Curry House, July 2006. Right below, Queen Bee's OPEN sign was on and it looked like normal. Maybe the India Curry House is opening above Queen Bee on the second floor, though that second floor doesn't look that hospitable for a restaurant.

[Why delete an entire thread when you can simply change the title. Cheers, Rocks.]
You know this is interesting. I had assumed that the restaurant was going on the second floor and then the ABC license showed up in the window of Queen Bee along with Closed for the Day signs that were up for a few days. Sorry I posted

Well, that is going to be an interesting corner... Queen Bee, Indian Curry House and the mysterious very expensive restoration going on rumored to be a high end white table cloth restaurant.

Now if we could get a bakery...

The "Closed" sign is still up at Queen Bee. I had dinner with a friend last night who said that her second-floor office's conference room is directly above Queen Bee and, as far as she knows, her office is staying right where it is, and the Indian restaurant is replacing Queen Bee.

Those damned decal scrapers! They don't make them like they used to. India Curry House managed to scrape off every Queen Bee sticker from the inside of the window, but then the contraption must have broken right before they got a chance to scrape off the one that says "Zagat Rated 2006." :unsure:

Cheers,

Rocks.

Those damned decal scrapers! They don't make them like they used to. India Curry House managed to scrape off every Queen Bee sticker from the inside of the window, but then the contraption must have broken right before they got a chance to scrape off the one that says "Zagat Rated 2006." :)

Cheers,

Rocks.

Well, me being me I asked the manager about the Zagat sticker after enjoying a fabulous meal with friends this week. He had a really lame excuse. It was obvious they left that sticker up intentionally. Though I pointed out to my friends that it appeared some neighborhood people have taken offense at the sticker as it has been partially removed.

I was dismayed when informed we were eating at the restaurant as I had a scary lunch experience shortly after the restaurant opened (food safety issues on the buffett). To my surprise the food was great during our dinner. I had the Thalia meal-- the lamb was great. The breads were yummy. I had no complaints about the food.

Service was sloppy and the manager was way too anxious about having our group spread the word about his place. He told us that he had called Tyler Cowan to invite him to the place and had reached out to other people. He even brought out the card of someone whom had eaten at the restaurant.

Um... okay.

Why on earth would someone go here with Delhi Club on the block? Boggles the mind!
To be honest, I thought the food was equal to Delhi Club. One of my dining companions prefered the meal at India Curry House to Delhi Club. I thought the naans were better at India Curry House for sure.

So... while the atmosphere is odd, I'd give India Curry a chance.

Service was sloppy and the manager was way too anxious about having our group spread the word about his place. He told us that he had called Tyler Cowan to invite him to the place and had reached out to other people. He even brought out the card of someone whom had eaten at the restaurant.

Um... okay.

Sounds like he just really wants/needs more publicity and business. It's got to be difficult to open a new Indian restaurant in Clarendon with Delhi Club, Tandoori Nights, and Delhi Dhaba nearby, not to mention all the other restaurants in the area.

We were there not long after it opened, and at 8pm on a Friday night, we were one of the few guests in the place. A man who I assumed was the owner (maybe the manager you talked with?) came by when we were done with our meal to see if we needed anything, and I asked to have my leftover fish vindaloo wrapped up. He was very concerned about whether I liked my dish, which I did, it's just that I always stuff myself on appetizers and naan at Indian restaurants. :) When he brought back my leftovers, he was very concerned again about whether we liked the food and wanted to make sure we were happy. I asked him if this restaurant had relocated from someplace else, and he said No, it was his first restaurant. I appreciated his eagerness to please and really hope his restaurant succeeds. It's especially nice to have new independent businesses still opening in Clarendon.

I liked my fish vindaloo; the sauce had a more pronounced vinegar flavor than other versions I've had. We plan to go back sometime. Here's their website. I will say, they have something that the other Indian restaurants in Clarendon don't have: beef specialties.

We finally decided to go to the Curry House instead of Delhi Cluba few weeks ago. And we went back again this week. I have to say I think it was on par with Delhi Club. And since I very much dislike the dining room at the latter, I would have to say given the option I would go back to the Curry House. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The naan was light and tasty. I had the butter chicken, which was very flavorful. Although Delhi Club and Delhi Daba (for "fast food") Indian are both quite good, I would give India Curry House a shot if I were you.

India Curry House is gone. Although their sign towards the top of the building is still there, the front is dark, and there are signs directing deliveries and applicants to the Clarendon Ballroom. Anyone know what's going to happen with this space?

I have heard that The Coat of Arms will be locating there shortly.