Bohio's Cuban Bistro - Cuban on King and S. Henry Street in Old Town - ¡Ay, Tremendo Paquete!

plunk said:
Walked by this the other day. On King Street, at Henry - right next to Nickels and Schefler. Apparently, their Grand Opening is tonight. Anybody have any details?

Other than there have been lebenty-teen restaurants in that location, nope. Biggest problem seems to be parking (or lack thereof).

Bohio's is open and seemed to be doing brisk dinner service tonight. The entrees look delicious and are priced from 17-22 dollars. Of course there are sandwiches including the Cubano, which comes with habanero fries for 9 dollars. About 4 deserts including tres leches.

Worthy of a try, i say. I'll report back :)

Had Lunch there on Sunday. Sandwiches were good. Tres Leches cake was great. I'll be going back to try their dinner menu.

:) What a tragedy! It took 50 min. to get 2 appetizers. The mariquitas, crispy plaintain chips, were soft. After 50 more minutes they brought the salads and the entrees together. Calling the arroz con pollo with vegetables as Cuban was an insult to all cuban cooks. It was yellow rice with 5 small chunks of chicken, w/o vegetables or seasoning. The tostones we ordered an hour earlier never arrived. The owner was very nice, explaining that someone else had ordered tostones stuffed with shrimp, and the chef "went with that", forgetting our order...?! He also said our 3 desserts were on the house because we never got the tostones. yet we were charged for the tostones and the desserts. When I complained, the owner then wrote "free" by the tostones on the bill (which had never arrived), and gave us one only free dessert. On our way out, not one table was smiling nor eating!! The owner had explained that when people arrived in "ebbs and lows" it works better. I guess he's going to have a lot of lows....

Bohio's is open and seemed to be doing brisk dinner service tonight. The entrees look delicious and are priced from 17-22 dollars. Of course there are sandwiches including the Cubano, which comes with habanero fries for 9 dollars. About 4 deserts including tres leches.

Worthy of a try, i say. I'll report back :)

:lol: Yes, last night it was full, but there was no food, not to mention good food, nor food service.

Don't bother going. You may starve before the food arrives.

Yesterday I was in Old Town and remembered this log :) . As a True Cuban I have always criticize people that made non authentic Cuban food and wanted to give it a shoot and see how horrible this place really is :lol: . The minute I walked in to the place I noticed they had 4 to 5 tables and they all were waiting for their food but little by little they started getting their food. I started with a Black Bean soup that not only took 5 minutes for them to bring me to my table, but it was more then what I was expecting. Because I was in between meetings, I ordered a cuban sandwich that was almost as good as the one I normally get in Tampa. It came with the roasted pork, ham, chess, pickles and a souse that really brought the taste of the meats and bread together. I am planning to go back for dinner and will report my findings.

“My English is not very good looking!!”…… :)

The thread title needs to be changed to:

"NOW CLOSED!"

Noticed signs on the window saying the place is permanently closed which, according to posts above, is no great loss. What's next in this space....

Wow - that was fast! Anyone know the details?